2018 WWN League Season

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

2018 WWN League Season

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Alright folks, it's the brink of the new year. Time to make the dream a reality. Presenting the first official season of the new and improved water warfare league! The rules are simple. Three (3) water wars will be held on different dates throughout the season. The first two events are regular-season games. Whichever team does the best gets a favorable position in the final game, which will determine the 2018 League Champions. Think of the last war as a playoff game.

Obviously five or even seven wars would be ideal, but since the community is so small at the moment, it's probably best to start with three. These wars will be of the serious variety. Victory at all costs! The first two events will be 1HS. The team that scores the most hits throughout these two games will get to play defense in the final game, which is also 1HS, but is played out invasion-style in the same fashion as MOAB from a year ago. The defense hits the field well before the offense, and has time to make preparations. All games last for the entire day before ending. These can still be two-day events, but the second day will not have anything to do with the league, and can be used for skirmishing, filming, partying, or whatever else.

So here's what I want from you guys. First of all, I'll need interest. Who is willing to participate? The minimum for each event will be 3v3. Second of all, we need teams. How do we want to group them? I vote for something interesting like north vs. south, water warriors vs. nerfers, or something else. These teams will be permanent for this season, so choose wisely. Lastly, we'll need locations. Places that will support a whole day of fighting without getting old. Battlefields like Little Creek and Cedar Hill are good candidates. Who is willing to host? Additionally, even those who cannot make it to the wars can still participate by helping with tactical discussions and planning. This is encouraged.

I'd like to get some kind of schedule by the end of this week, or this month at the very latest. I can organize most of it, but I can't do everything on my own. Also note that the HOG is a separate entity, not to be affiliated with the normal league season.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

SSCBen

Re: 2018 WWN League Season

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Sounds like a solid plan. I'd like to participate, but my attendance is iffy at best this summer. Pick some dates that don't conflict with my plans and I'll work with it best I can.

There's one conference I know I'll be at next summer from July 22-26. Those days and probably a few days around then are not doable.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Sounds like a good plan, I really haven't been the most active on here lately (though I guess I've never been super active), but I will plan to attend at least all the League wars.

I would be up for hosting one of them too, but I still haven't found a spot around here that I feel would work for an all day, single round, battle. I keep meaning to go out and explore a few places, but keep on getting distracted. Same goes for repairing my many broken blasters.

Coursr I would like to have Soakemore this year too, but again, that assumes I make the time for all the planning.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am

Is anyone else on board? We need teams before we can move forward. At least 3v3, but the more the merrier. Who do you want on your team?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.