Official League Patch Development Thread

Development of the WaterWar.net League.
DX

Re: Official League Patch Development Thread

Post by DX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:27 pm

The water droplet could be slightly lower down now, but it is a minor thing. I like this version the best.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:55 pm

I just edited that version on paint, so it's probably not transparent, and there are some areas where the old blue is still around. If someone wants to make a final version of this, feel free to drop the water droplet a few pixels down. Well... I guess there won't be pixels if it's vectorized... but you know what I mean.

After that, if someone wants to get these produced, we can mail them out to everyone who participated in the league at the end of the season. If no one else does it I'll take care of this com November.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I think the last one looks good; we should use it. Really, I don't have much preference between the designs; they all look pretty good, and I only made my suggestions based on a few minor things, not least of which being that the shade of blue should match that of the WWN logo.

I don't really have access to patch-making equipment, so I can't make them.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 pm

I have no idea where to get patches made, either. Otherwise I would have done the Ridgewood Militia and Waterbridge patches by now.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I can have patches made for this and for Ridgewood Militia and even Waterbridge if you want. SEAL, if we come up with a patch for your team I can get that done too. Would have them by Nov.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Seal's patch should be a picture of a sponge. Oh snap :P

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

I was going to talk to you about making a patch for my team, but the problem is, we haven't come up with a final design yet. I want to have a "water nuke" (no, not a sponge...), similar to the one in my avatar picture, but with a more cartoon-like appearance. My brother was going to draw one up on paint (he's a better artist than I.), but he hasn't done it yet. I'll let you know when we make one.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am

marauder wrote:If someone wants to make a final version of this, feel free to drop the water droplet a few pixels down. Well... I guess there won't be pixels if it's vectorized... but you know what I mean.
Here you go, a transparent version, with a lower droplet (the white in the shield itself isn't transparent as earlier versions weren't, and there is an .svg vector version too but that can't be uploaded):

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hmm, now that I look at it again, I think the word "League" is a bit too low. I'd move it up a little bit. Otherwise, it looks good.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:02 am

I think it was lowered so you could see red's blasters, and to hide Blue's stunted foot and Red's merged foot. :goofy:

Plus I don't have illustrator, only loads of third-party rubbish (BUT I can save the .svg file as an illustrator compatible file apparently :D ). I probably could move it around if I merged one of the early versions (I basically used the .png image which flattened, so I'd have to reconstruct the legs from an earlier rendering) with it, and cut around the text, save in a separate document and load as a layer.

Also I'm gonna be away for two weeks (from tomorrow) so I've attached a .zip (for all who need) of the .png file, and two .svg files, as I definitely won't have my laptop, and probably won't have internet access in the military camp (unless I feel like paying up £1 for every 15mins or something :goofy: ).
Attachments
league.zip
(58.02 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 am

Oh, well it's not a really big deal. Just leave it if you guys think it'll look worse with higher text.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Wow, I think that looks great. I'll get these produced in time for the Conn war. I'll also mail them out to anyone who wants one.

Area51

Post by Area51 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:51 pm

This is one of the best badges ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the detail on the water gun!
-=super midget=-