New and Improved CPS 3000

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:46 pm

Well, today, I spent nearly all the time spray painting my CPS 3000 to get rid of the faded grey.

When I went to B & Q (a hardware store), I looked at the spray paints, and there wasn't really a gray that went well, so, I decided on a different colour. It took me a while to decide, imagining what the gun would look like in every colour I was considering (green, light blue, violet and black). In the end, I went for black, which seems to have worked very well on the other guns I painted in the past, and this one was no exception.

Well, after finally replacing the gray with the black, and finally peeling off all the masking tape on the parts that I didn't want to paint over (although some bits did get a little painted over, but things aren't perfect), the finished, improved product was done, in all its glory, my CPS 3000 looks way more intimidating now! :goofy:

The new gun, no longer faded out, and looking better than ever! :p

Edited By Wild Boys on 1145823875

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:20 pm

WOW. That's all I can say. Lookin' pretty spiff there, mate. How does it look like when you're wearing it, with the backpack? You must look pretty fearsome. :p
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:08 pm

I ought to do that to my 2500, when it's fixed that is ( I'm really slow when it comes to mods and repairs :p ).
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:02 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:I ought to do that to my 2500, when it's fixed that is ( I'm really slow when it comes to mods and repairs :p ).
Yeah, a painted 2500 would look pretty good too. What I like about Wild Boys' paint job is that he kept the original colors of the gun, while painting the gray part black. That gives it a cool factor.

:cool:

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

DX

Post by DX » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:17 pm

Did someone mention a painted 2500? :p

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:18 pm

I want to paint my Lightning (2005) similarly to Wild boys' CPS 3000. I want to paint the main body black, and leave the yellow parts untouched, so it looks like a lightning strike at night. What do you guys think?

Edited By mr. dude on 1145837997

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:39 pm

Duxburian wrote:Did someone mention a painted 2500? :p

All I can say, Duxburian, is that while a CPS 2500 like that would be useful (all camoed as it is), it desn't look much like a soaker. Wild Boys' 3000 looks like a very cool Super Soaker. Yours looks like some scary thing that got all dirty... never mind. :goofy: I think you understand.

I want to paint my Lightning (2005) similarly to Wild boys' CPS 3000. I want to paint the main body black, and leave the yellow parts untouched, so it looks like a lightning strike at night. What do you guys think?

Go ahead with it, if you want. If you do a good paint job, it should come out looking fine.

"snap!"