CPS 2700 super-mod

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.

What color scheme do you like best?

Grey/Yellow/Purple
50%
Grey/Green/Purple
No votes
Black/Yellow/Purple
No votes
Blue/Green/Purple (CPS 1700 colors)
50%

Total votes: 2

soakinader

CPS 2700 super-mod

Post by soakinader » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:17 pm

So I have this CPS 2700 in desperate need for some modifications. It works, but it's very faded and it just needs some love. The range is less than my other guns, so it could really use a power boost. I want this gun to be war-worthy.

My plans for the upgrade:
-K-mod the PC
-Paint job
-Nozzle enhancement

On the first note, the only suitable balloons that I have found are 10-packs at the dollar store. 0.O
So my question is, how many balloons can the 2700 take before the OPRV kicks in? I think I have heard somewhere around 20.

As for the nozzle selector, I can handle that no problem. Drill some holes, give it six nozzles. Done.

And for the paint job, I will be taking the gun apart completely anyways. So, I plan on using some combination of vinyl dye and Krylon fusion to paint this in some new colours. I have a few different combinations in mind; but the end result is going to be drastically different from the stock colours, so thus possibly many layers of paint. Also, I am thinking about adding a clear coat for when it's done so that it lasts. Here is what I am considering for colour schemes.
///////////////////Stock/CPS 1700/ Classic CPS/ Other??
Format is- Section: colour 1/colour 2/colour 3/ 4

//Body of gun: Orange/Blue/Grey/Purple?
//Res+details1: Yellow/Green/Yellow/Blue?
Pump+details2: Purple/Purple/Purple/Green? (And possibly black/orange)

Some of you may recall my original CPS 2700 with CPS 1700 colours post. I can't find it at the moment, but yeah. QCA?
EDIT
http://nad3r.minus.com/mJuXEkAClNmmX
Check out this gallery for the first three of the colour schemes. What do you like?
Last edited by soakinader on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 2700 super-mod

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I have been thinking about custom paintjobs myself

While not in the format you requested an army green (or camo) and black color scheme would be epic on a 2700 or just about anything for that matter.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I like color combination #1. It looks very super charger, and I've always been a big fan of those color schemes.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:37 pm

You know what's funny about that, is that the Grey/Yellow/Purple is very similar to the Silver/Yellow/Purple version that people seem to dislike.
That being said, I think classic CPS grey is the way to go, if not neon green/purple and metal blue.
I also like the black one. WHAT CAN I SAY? I LIKE THEM ALL
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Did you ever end up painting your 2700?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 am

My name is Salvadore Torres . This is my CSP 2000 MK2 Model customized.

I am prior USMC and like my blasters looking realistic and military style ..and I do agree to the warning of the risks for this type of paint job.. I use mine only at water wars fights and when it is accepted and allowed .

The art custom paint job was commissioned to artist Nelson Rivera who is well know in the Nerf and props community. He is and is one of the best in the industry and I have not seen any better so far in my searches for pictures and paint jobs..not saying there are none...but be nice to see them for the CSP 2000 or other water pistols or rifles models.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.29 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (228.04 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (196.57 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (201.87 KiB) Viewed 6787 times

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:32 am

stop spamming the forum with pic's of your painted CPS 2000mk2 (that will probably get ruined when it gets wet), I'm not a Mod but it's very bad taste and we here are a close knit group of friends.

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Hey ..your the one that asked for picture and then when I post them them you answer with this comment .... WOW ..Grow up bro..I am here to be part of open and respectful comments ..Quit being negative on my CPS 2000 ..I have it clear coated and such ..If it gets ruined ..I fix it and still have fun ... I am a USMC veteran and love all type of guns ..including my CPS 2000..So if your friends respect veeterans and having cool discusssions ..thats coool..I hope all the other community is not in the same thought of your comments.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't hate veterans, in fact my grandfather served in Vietnam but that is not relevant to this thread and this issue. you have read by now what DX said in the original thread for your CPS 2000

torrespi

Post by torrespi » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:48 pm

I am proud to be a veteran and it is relevant to me , maybe not to the thread and issue but for respect and way I chose to share my comments and my CPS 2000...I respect your service that your grandfather gave to this nation and your comment to his service now that you mentioned it to tis thread ...peace bro !!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 pm

My apologies for the rudeness of our fellow member. I sent him a warning and will escalate things quickly if that continues.

Anyway, I've noticed you've already acknowledged to only post in the other thread regarding the topic of the paintjobs. With that said and done, I don't think this thread needs to continue.

EDIT: I rescinded the warning on the oncoming storm, seeing as how the same thing got reposted in 4 different threads, which is getting easily interpreted as spam. It's not a big deal though, since you now know.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat