Help with k-modding

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Paciify

Help with k-modding

Post by Paciify » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm

I just got a cps 1200. Does anyone have a video on how to k-mod the gun or in general?
Armory:
    cps 2500 x1
    cps 1200 x1
    xp 310 x1
    xp 270 x1

HBWW
    WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Help with k-modding

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Here's the article on k-modding from SSCentral. http://www.sscentral.org/mods/kmod.html

I'm not aware of any videos yet however.

In response to part of the article: Using a clamp to help close the PC case is best, but I managed to get by without it. I used my hand to clamp it as far as I could closed, then got the screws in. Not as ideal, but it worked for me. (Just be really careful not to damage any of the threads; they're plastic!)

If you're having trouble opening the blaster, check out the article on it on SSC or ask here. The pump and nozzle caps should be removed before the screws, so that you can keep the screws in the upper half of the casing so they don't get lost or mixed up.
    HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

One thing is for sure: Start with the nozzle cap and pump cap. If you can't remove those, than you can't K-mod anything.
    If you're lucky, you can pop the nozzle cap right off, and the pump cap can be either unscrewed or popped off, glue or no glue. If the nozzle cap is glued, pry at it for a while, and if it won't come off (or plastic is too brittle) than take a razor blade and cut it right along the casing seam. Then you will still have to pry off the half of the nozzle cover that is covering the screw hole. Once that is done, unscrew everything and open 'er up. I'll be doing this to a CPS 1000 in two weeks, hopefully.
    My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
    Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
    I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm

There's 3 cases of nozzle/pump caps and several ways to deal with them.

1. Threaded: These are rare but super-convenient; simply unscrew.
    2. Free-snap: Can be pried off. Use pliers and/or a pair of good flathead screwdrivers, and use 2 at a time if you can, each on opposite sides, and push upwards.
    3. Glued: You can tell if its glued if it won't rotate, although that's not necessarily an indicator that its glued. That said, it's still possible to pry these off as you would snap caps, but you may need to split them too. (Lots of tools can help you here: hacksaws, dremel, knife/blade, sharp flathead screwdriver + hammer, etc.)
    HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:57 pm

in the scc article it says to get a clamp to hold the pc while you put on the baloons. I have always used my feet to hold the pc, and my hands to put on the ballons, and it always works. I reccomend it, but clamps are good too. :p
    "The world is yours" - Nas

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't have table clamps, so I had no choice but to find other ways to hold the PC.
    HydroBrawl Water Warfare