Latest Modification

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
isoaker

Latest Modification

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:23 am

What's the last mod. you've made to a water blaster?
Made a Thunderstorm into a CPS, PC-swapped an MXL with dual CPS 2000 Mk1 bladders, tripled the capacity of a CPS 3200 or simply repainted your XP215?

Share your creations and/or lessons learned here!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Re: Latest Modification

Post by DX » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:09 pm

I sawed off the nozzle on my HH Dream so now it shoots 16ft with shot time of about a quarter of a second, lolz. Don't laugh, I could take on an SS Thunderstorm with that thing :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:45 pm

What's the output?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:31 pm

SS 100x

Details to follow.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Not much. My APH pump is failing, and the cold season is coming- was going to mod some sphynxes, but couldn't find any.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:50 pm

marauder_4 wrote:SS 100x

Details to follow.
oh, i get it. it shoots so short that if you were to multiply it to take up a full second it'd be 100x
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 am

Can't believe we haven't had any posts here in so long...

I'm building an interchangeable nozzle system for a Hydro Cannon. I can coax ~42' of range out of it as a single blast of water. Hoping to improve on that further with my improvised (drilled CPVC cap) nozzles. Dunno. I'll at least get improved shot time.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 am

Jeffman3 wrote:Can't believe we haven't had any posts here in so long...

I'm building an interchangeable nozzle system for a Hydro Cannon. I can coax ~42' of range out of it as a single blast of water. Hoping to improve on that further with my improvised (drilled CPVC cap) nozzles. Dunno. I'll at least get improved shot time.
Take photos to document the modding process!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 pm

I have! I've got all of it up on the wiki already. I don't have pictures of the last bit, but that's a simple enough process... Lemme grab you a link.

Edit: Linky dinky

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 pm

I made a backpack soaker out of a cheap $5 electric watergun the backpack hold 2 gallons. I know thats a lot but I'm 6 foot 1 and 202 lbs I was born to be the freighter on my team.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm

The 3200 carried 1.6 stock, APHs can carry up to 6 gal depending on the model. well placed on your back, 2 gal should not be excedingly burdensome.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Yar. I typically lug around that much weight (at least!) as I go through the day just to help maintain muscle tone.

As a random tip... If there's anyone who'd like to help tone/strengthen their legs passively, those lead weights you strap to your ankles are great. Despite both knees and both ankles being nearly ruined, I can walk miles upon miles without issue. It's a great method of resistance/weight training. Helps a lot when you're out in the woods, too... Makes you feel very sure-footed when you take them off.

Similarly, weighted bracelets (I know they look silly) are a great way to help tone your forearms and restore strength to your shoulders in the event of joint damage... And they make pumping a super soaker easy, as well, when removed- you get used to that sort of resistance in your movement so pumping feels like what normally moving your hand feels like, and moving your hands without the weights feels like you're in reduced gravity.

Just food for thought- it's part of the reason my nearly 1-gallon pressure chamber APH doesn't seem heavy or unwieldy to me.

Hey, this reminds me... I'm taking today off from class, so I can get shot videos of the HC even if I can't effectively get nozzle flow rates.

Also... My latest modification was a hard contemplation of drilling the nozzle of my Arctic Shock out further. I can already get nearly 40' out of it (albeit only for a very brief moment) so I'm not sure.

Yeah, I just counted "hard contemplation" as a modification- I must've wrinkled my forehead at least once! :D :soaked:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 am

The Gorgon's pump handle sucks. My solution:

I removed the original pump handle, drilled a hole in PVC the same size as the hole in the pump rod, slid it on, bolted it in, and covered it in electrical tape. This new pump is amazing.

Also, the pump was being really difficult to move, so I found a way to lubricate the pump without opening it: Extend the pump rod, cover it in lubricant, push it back in, repeat, and pump it up and down until pumping is easy.

Also, I did this to a Thunderstorm I picked up:

Shorter barrel means less lag. It now fires almost instantly when you pull the trigger. It's also more compact, so it now just might be usable in assassins. But not really.

This was a really simple mod. The Thunderstorm is very easy to open, and pretty much all I had to do was saw off the barrel and cut the tubing.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 am

^Not sure why you'd want to mod a T-storm, haha. Nice job on the Gorgon though; the pump handle can be rather annoying. I think the whole gun is a tad awkward to use, but that's just me.

Latest mod... probably this:
Epicness!
Epicness!
MD60K.JPG (839.88 KiB) Viewed 11134 times
That was when I was testing it without the nozzle selector. The stream was nice and juicy but the range sucked. I ended up drilling out the smallest nozzle on the selector to about 3X or so, which I'm fairly certain can break 40' easily. It's also de-Max-D modded, though I need to get a stronger spring that can close the valve 100% of the time. This gun is battle-tested and works quite well when functioning properly. I used it to hold back a SS 300 at MOAB. I've been meaning to write up a full-length article on it, but I haven't had time lately.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 03, 2013 4:09 pm

That SS 300 was me, wasn't it? :goofy:

I did a similar mod with the WW Piranha a while back, replacing the PC with a 2L bottle. I was never fond of the new thing, but I suppose I ought to try it out more often to see how battle practical it could be.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 03, 2013 8:04 pm

A nozzle drill on my beloved Gorgon, first a 5x setting firing 7.2oz/s up to 45' . And a 10x setting firing 9.6oz/s up to the high 30's (Haven't been able to test yet)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 04, 2013 3:25 pm

A tubing replacement on my 300 the stock tubing was kinked and the lag kept on getting worse so I put some much smaller but harder to kink tubing and dramatically reduced lag (No more pump yanking itself in if you let go while it's drawing water)

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Any mods to the Gorgon? AP or HP? My AP Gorgon can't shoot that well...

I would do something with my SS300 hose if I actually was going to use it... But I have much less fragile things to use.

I just finished fixing up my new Tiger Shark a few days ago... And soon, I want to improve my Orca as well... Although, after the work I put into the Tiger Shark opening it, just to squirt some lube into the ball valve, I wonder if I could accomplish the same result with the Orca by removing the selector and going through the front.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon May 06, 2013 9:44 am

Question for DX and Marauder how much is pump volume on your Gorgon's Since you snipped to tubing inside the tank All I know is that it is improved from stock

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am

Shortening the tubing in the reservoir won't affect the volume of water 'inside' the pump, unless the intake check valve (the one leading to the pump) is located at the 'free' end of the tubing (not sure, but I don't recall any blasters that do this). What it can do is use more of the available water without drawing in air (especially if it also makes the tubing sit lower in the reservoir after being shortened [like in the Colossus]), and reduce the pump lag (especially if their is a restricting mesh or plastic filter thing on the end of it [again, like the Colossus]).

Even if the check valve is located there, the effective pump volume is basically the length of the stroke of the pump, as the effective pump volume is the difference between the volume of water between the check valves at the beginning (pump extended) and end of the stroke (pump retracted).