Arctic Shock, Oozinator and CPS2000? - Modifying, heh heh heh

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Ok, this idea is somewhat far-fetched, but it would be evily awesome! Or awesomly evil! Or whatever!

SO yeah, what I would do is take a CPS2000, mod it up with a CVF, then take apart a Arctic Shock and an Oozinator, and mod them all together? This would result in an insanely high-powered blaster that shoots freezing green goo! Nice idea, huh?

What do you guys think, would this even work?
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:42 pm

No offense, but this sounds like a terrible idea and a definite waste of a CPS 2000.

The water can be cold in the CPS 2000, or any water gun for that matter, without using the Arctic Shock's parts. The Arctic Shock would be limiting in the total water capable of being cooled anyway. All the Arctic Shock does is cool the water with ice, and there's nothing stopping someone from putting ice into the CPS 2000's reservoir.

I also doubt that the ooze would be good for the CPS 2000's rubber bladder. Regardless, I also doubt that the ooze would be any more effective than water. From the start, the ooze sounded like Hasbro's latest attempt to make something that provides little function but must be replaced time after time (like the SoakerTags).

To also clear up a potential misconception, CVF modifications do not increase power in CPS. To me it seems that you are under that impression. CVF modifications allow for more power to exist by removing an important over-pressurization release valve. That should not be done unless it is necessary for the modification to work. Typically, to be required to use a CVF modification, you will have to do a Collosus or K-mod. In air pressure water guns, a CVF modification will allow you to put more, but that is too dangerous in my opinion (there's a reason the valve is there).

You'd be better off using a CPS 2000 as it is. The power is great already, and you won't need cold water to make sure they know they've been hit. :;):

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Arctic Shock, Oozinator and CPS2000

Seeing those in one sentence doesn't seem right. In any case, exept for a backpack mod, the CPS 2000 is fine as it is. Might just be the buisness man in me, but modding anything that can be sold around $200 for its authenticity seems a waste.

The cooling feature of the arctic shock always seemed a cheap claim to me. Isn't water usualy cold when it comes set on "cold"? Perhaps next time a soaker that turns water more liquid. Now if they could build a soaker that is heating up the water and also using the steam for pressure, that would be a soaker worth spending comercial recorses.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1146281848

1337 5k337

Post by 1337 5k337 » Mon May 01, 2006 5:56 am

arctic shock and oozinator are disgraces to the might of a 2000 they shouldn't be near each other
a true sniper will wait any length necessary to get a kill, even if his freinds go and have 2 water wars in the meantime...without him...

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri May 12, 2006 7:07 pm

just a tip for you JJJJJJ272, dont even think of opening up your CPS 2000 unless it is for repairs or you are really good at modding.
If my 2000 were working right now, I would rather have that than the arctic shock or oozinator just for the sake of pure range- the CPS 2000 has the longest range, and the highest output, somewhere around 30x, so dont even think about opening it
:angry:

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 12, 2006 9:18 pm

What's wrong with opening a gun? When you just open a gun and do nothing else to it, the chances of it breaking are .01%. Plus, the chances of having a non-repairable problem after a mod are not exactly high either. People like to way overblow the "risk" in modding. There is no risk. Unless you really have no clue what you're doing, and I mean not a shred of common sense whatsoever.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat May 13, 2006 10:00 am

I highly discourage doing this for a number of reasons I wont mention. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.