My XP 310 - temporarily denozzeled it

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:57 am

I've recently read that denozzleing a gun with a nozzle selector can give it a higher output rating and more power. I was not to sure about denozzleing my XP 310 but, I did it any ways. I made sure not to lose any parts and then I filled up my XP 310 until the arrow in the power guage was pointing to the very red section and I heard a "squealing" sound. I then pulled the trigger just before the blast came out I felt a very small kickback from the gun. Then, the stream came out and I was surprised at how powerful it was. It soaked basically the entire area and could probally soak a human easily. Some bad things that I noticed was that the range of the gun was reduced by a few feet when I shot it. I also noticed that the shot time was greatly reduced. It emtied its dual pressure chambers very quickly. When I do a trigger pulse all the pressure is almost gone from the PC's. Overall denozzleing the XP 310 will give it much more power and when my battles start to get more intense I might unscrew the nozzle selector of my XP 310 and use it. I might try denozzleing my Max Infusion Overload soon and see how much better IT will preform. :soakon2: :soakon2: :soakon2:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:36 pm

This sort of thing can be done with pretty much any soaker with a multiple nozzle selector (well, not easily with the CPS1500/1700 and not really possible with the CPS1-3-5).

No nozzle -> poorer stream lamination + larger opening -> larger blast area, but range loss.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:52 pm

I knew that already. I was just trying it out with my XP 310 to see its maximum potential. With a simple mod. :)

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:53 pm

I'm thinking of denozzling my Max D 6000, but I don't know which nozzle is the most useless, because so far I don't want to drill any out.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:00 pm

I did not drill out a nozzle selection in the XP 310's nozzle selector but, just simply unscrewed the nozzle selector and then put it back on again.

1337 5k337

Post by 1337 5k337 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:03 pm

i did the same, unscrewing takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too l;ong, just drill one of the medium sized ones
a true sniper will wait any length necessary to get a kill, even if his freinds go and have 2 water wars in the meantime...without him...

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:12 pm

I'm thinking of denozzling my Max D 6000, but I don't know which nozzle is the most useless, because so far I don't want to drill any out.

Right after I read this I denozzled my Max-D 6000 and I do not recommend doing it. Yes, the stream is bigger, but it lasts for like 2 seconds and decreases range by a LOT. If you freeze the check valve, it might make it shoot farther, but I haven't frooze the check valve so I don't know. :)