My CPS 1000 With Sights

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
teamfear

My CPS 1000 With Sights

Post by teamfear » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Here are some pictures of some basic plastic sights I built for my CPS 1000:

The Gun

Looking Down the sights

Another shot of the sights

My Homemade Pump

For the tubing I used a bit of a broken XP 90's pump shaft. For the Middle part of the sights I use a bit of a left over part of My flash floods case. It isnt straight but the slight angle gives it a larger appearance when you look through the other tube. I Find that my CPS 1000 reminds me of an M-16 because of Its versatility and its carry handle. :goofy:

Thats my large Update I have been planning. :D

metaturtle

Re: My CPS 1000 With Sights

Post by metaturtle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:52 am

lol, waterguns are just fine if you aim from the hip even. I like the craftsmanship but personally a sight is too hard to aim with in close quarters

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I aim down the carry handle. That works too. If you fire from the shoulder like a rifle you get better accuracy and some range because your gun is higher.

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 pm

for guns like the xp 310 i aim like a rifle. for guns like the cps series i am from the head (rocket launcher style)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I don't fire anything like a rocket. I don't know what results you would get. It seems aqward and hard to aim.

metaturtle

Post by metaturtle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 am

nah man, it's really easy with water guns since the accuracy is so easy to adjust for and water streams are affected by wind and elevation, its much easier to point in general direction and shoot, and adjust aim while shooting if you're off

of course i'm an excellent shot and it's just become intuitive on where the stream will land for me now so its no problem

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:42 pm

0_o No water guns are designed to be fired over the shoulder. (bazooka style) That will strain your wrist due to the angle the trigger and handle are at. The weight of the blaster will only make it worse. Not to mention, it feels clunky and is more difficult to move quickly.

As for accuracy, I find that firing from the shoulder (or just slightly below) provides a good horizontal reference, and angle can be approximated easily. Combined, this is accurate enough for long-range shots that assume the target does not see where you are. (and will not react to the shot's noise) It is also fast enough for close-range action. The only time I don't aim is when moving from place to place, in which I may fire from the hip if I don't have time to "sight" through the gun. I agree that a sight would slow you down in closer ranges.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm

The 1000 that we use is like our marksmen rifle. As I said earlier we threw them on for the heck of it. Someone using it would have a grunt or shotgunner nearby.