21K Review - First review of a modified soaker?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:12 pm

It's hard to review a modified gun because people use varying amounts of power. This review will be based on guns with 65-90 balloons.

CPS 21K-65-90 balloons
Range: 50-60ft.
Output: 10-15x
Shots per tank: 6-17
Pumps: 5-15
Tank: 2L
Weight: Light
Versitility: 96%
Shot time: 1-2 sec.
Overall Score: 85-93%

A CPS 21K is a formidable gun. The power is immense when compared to a stock 2100. The user of a 21K can go head-to-head with big cannons due to its huge range advantage. Despite the reservoir capacity not changing, you get an increased amount of shots because the pc has less room to expand and uses the available water slower. While the shot time may be low, full power can be obtained with a mere 5 pumps. 21K's are extremely hard to pump, but again they don't require as many as a stock gun. A 21K is great for sniping and can even be used to lead an assault. Not many guns can match the range, resulting in a very versatile soaker. Light troops could also use 21K's because they are still light enough that no mobility is sacrificed. The 21K is the standard gun on my team and can even keep a 2500 at bay. The kickback on a 21K is simply amazing. The stream erupts out of the gun and will awe the first-time modder, not to mention those enemies on the other team holding heavy cannons. Making a 21K is a must for the serious water warrior; the check valve is easy to freeze, the internals often require no reinforcing, and the whole process only takes about 2 hours. Concerning the balloons, 65-90 provide optimal power, more than or less than that will not give you the same amount of power. With around 65, range and ouput could be better. However a 90 balloon 21K can't hold much pressure, mine can take only 9 pumps. Also there are 3 marks of 2100's that affect the ease of making your 21K and its stats when you use it. The descriptions are a whole article in itself, but its important to add them here if you are thinking about attempting a 21K:

MK1-This mark has a SMALL SEAM, but it is larger than the mk2. This is the oldest model and the pump cap IS NOT GLUED. The center part of the nozzle is attached to the INTERNALS AND CASING. They are very reliable and powerful, mine got between 14 and 17 shots per tank!

MK2-This is really the one with a SMALL SEAM at the back of the reservoir. It has a GLUED PUMP CAP. The pc is slightly SMALLER than other 2100's. The center part of the nozzle is attached to the INTERNALS. This mark is the HARDEST to mod, but is the MOST powerful.

MK3-The newest model, has LARGE, PRONOUNCED RECTANGULAR RIDGES on the back of the reservoir. The PUMP CAP IS NOT GLUED. The pc is slightly LARGER than the mk1. The center part of the nozzle is attached to the INTERNALS AND CASING. This mark is the EASIEST to mod, but is NOT AS POWERFUL as the mk1 or 2.

To easily identify the mark of the 2100 that you are buying in a store:

Twist the pump cap. If it is glued, then the 2100 is MK2. If it moves, then it is not glued and is MK1 or MK3. Then look at the back of the reservoir. If there are ridges, its MK3. If there is a seam, its the hard-to-find and powerful MK1.
Bottom line: If you want the most power and don't mind hacksawing the pump cap, or breaking the outer nozzle, mod a mk2. If you want an easy mod with no complications, but dont mind less power, mod an mk3. If you are lucky enough to get an mk1, go mod it immediately! Anyway, there is not much difference in power between the 3 marks, so all of them work well for modding.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:01 pm

Interesting read! :cool:

However, while I'll leave this article here, I don't post modified or homemade reviews in the main pages on iSoaker.com simply due to even more variability and uncertainty compared to the variability in stock soakers.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:10 pm

Yeah, I knew that a modified soaker review couldn't be added, not just for variables but for safety. Someone with no modding experience would think it was cool and try it, possibly breaking their soaker or injuring themselves. Although I will be writing a few articles/reviews on stock guns, maybe they will make the cut. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:15 am

I think shot time is a little longer than that. More like 2-4 seconds. Other wise I entirely agree with everything else you said.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-