CPS2000 teather snaped - Should I leave it in?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Evangel

Post by Evangel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:48 pm

If I leave the other end of the teather in the reservoir, is there a chance that it will get sucked into the firing chamber?

If so, will it cause any jams, or do you think it'll just kinda shoot it out?

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:59 pm

Considering the size of most intakes I've seen plus the fact that they almost always have screens, there is no way the cap's getting in there. If it did, it wouldn't make it through the tubing anyway, but it can't even get in there in the first place. Looking at the nozzle sizes, what makes you think it can shoot it out? =p

See if you can get it out. Angle it so that the short length of the stopper can fit through the hole, then pull it through. This works on many guns, but for some other ones, I'm not sure why it doesn't. (such as my CPS 1200, 1000, and 2700's, but I can remove my 2100's)

Another way of course, is to get it tied/glued together and get the stopper working again.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1181775628
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:52 am

Well what worries me is the string's still attached to the stopper. I'm just worried that string part might get caught in the valve, or break off the stopper somehow and get pulled in that way.

Anyway, I'm having major trouble trying to get the thing out.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:15 am

You probably won't be able to remove the stopped unless you cut a hole in the reservoir. I wouldn't suggest cutting a hole in anything unless you had to. Just don't worry about it. The string more than likely won't come off and the screens will stop it from entering the water gun's more sensitive parts anyway. If you're seriously worried, just cut the string off and leave the other part in there to rattle around.

:cool:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:58 am

Just try re-tying and/or gluing it to the cap. But there's still a good chance of being able to remove it (by hand, w/o cutting anything), though I've never tried removing a 2000's.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Cut the bottom part that's still in the reservoir with some sharp scissors, shake out the pieces. I've done that countless times to other guns.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"