Another CPS 4100 Improvement

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm

After a while I found the shower nozzle I had done on my CPS 4100 write up here, was for my style of how I like using my guns not too useful, as I prefer streams with range that are more concentrated.

Thus, I now present the second modification, not much, but really helps.

|See write up for pictures|

Since I don't have time for a write up (even though its pretty simple), here's a summary of what I did.

At first, I took out the shower nozzle pieces to make one big hole. I smoothened and cleaned it out, and was ready to put on a cover and drill a smaller 2.5x ish nozzle opening back on again, until I realised the hole at the back of each nozzle on the nozzle selector was a nice size, similar to a CPS 1500 10x or a CPS 2500 20x. So, I tried it out just like that first and wow, what a stream, it was bigger than the 8.5x and still got good range and wasn't too big. To make it better all it needed was a tube inside. I found a bit of tubing which my Dad had scrapped from his work and it fit perfect and snug (I'll again get size in the write up) with no need for gluing on, it could also be taken out well if I got fed up of it. I put about a 5cm long piece in. Looking down the hole it was also just big enough to actually fit round the hole of the stream, so it was basically perfect and now delivers a pretty nice stream, which goes far and soaks with good shot time.

Sorry if it was a little confusing, the write up things will be more clear when I get the sizes and all other details. For now, enjoy the shot pictures.

|See write up for pictures|

Now, unless I decide to collussus the gun, or replace my modified nozzle with the 2.5x ish sized nozzle I was planning to do (using a circular piece of wood and drilling a hole in to stick over my big nozzle hole), I think I've done everything I like to my 4100 and pretty much love it the way it is, its more of a CPS 1500, 2500 type gun in terms of soakage and usefullness to me.

Enjoy!

Edited By Aqua_Flash on 1180350420

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Wow! Your writeups were pretty impressive. Could you give us some ranges and shot times for all of your nozzles? And could you do the same for your gun after removing the nozzle assembly (so we can see what improvement that PVC nozzle gave)?

Thanks!

Wow... It's been a while since I've posted. I'll get around to doing more once the soaking season really gets going, I guess.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm

@Aqua-Flash: nice! Looks like a blast! :goofy: Thanks for sharing the pics and general steps to what you did. More details would be great, but the pics already do a good job at giving others a good idea of what you did and the results of your efforts.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 24, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey, looks like Rook's back! :)

Again, great article. I'm also somewhat interested in learning the ranges and shot times though. I wouldn't mind messing with the CPS 4100's fan blast nozzles, although the other nozzles I wouldn't touch.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Fri May 25, 2007 8:53 am

Well, I have some time now since most of my exams are over and my next and last big one is in two weeks, so just now I've pretty mucb finished in preparing the site and articles which answer all your questions.

Write up of this topic
Original mods updated with stats
CPS 4100 Videos

There, I hope that answered everything. All the range and output stats etc are there, the write up for this is done, plus I got the videos up, even though you can use the video link from the end of each article anyway to make things easier.

I think I might rename this gun 'I Predict A Riot' now.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri May 25, 2007 9:04 am

I wish they'd included that nozzle with the stock soaker. I might've bought a couple then. Good review!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:44 pm

I'm quite impressed, saw the videos and might try it out, except with the fan blast on my Monster (2001). same thing, pretty much. NIIICCE.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm

just did the original mod, where it's filed down to make a large shower nozzle. spent 2 hours filing, as i had a file of a disproportionally high gauge, and i can't feel my fingers. i love the mod though, i really do. good work, sir, good work.