CPS 1200 integrated with a cps 10k review

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:42 pm

I just finished a mod between a CPS 10k bladder with around 30 balloons with the internals of a CPS 1200. I liked it a lot, so I thought I'd review it.

statsRange-48 ft (angled)
output-5-8x
capacity-75 oz (I got this from isoaker.com, isoaker,please don't be offended)
shot time-2-3 seconds

How it looksI like the style of the gun, unfortunetly the previous owner had scuffed up the tank quit a lot so I duct-taped over the marks for extra protection. During the mod I had to pry the nozzle off, so that part looks a bit odd.

Preformance It feels great, it has a comfortable grip. The only problem with the feeling is that the trigger pinches the finger puling it occasionaly. The real thing I love about this gun is the raw power. It has a bit of a kick to it, and the range is awsome. The output is nice, but has some room for improvement. I also like the capacity, it's enough to last you for a while, but its not to heavy.

Pros-Awsome power and range, good output, nice grip, good resovoir.
Cons-You have to have both a cps 10k and a 1200 to make the gun. The trigger pinches one's finger a bit, and output could be better.

Range-10/10
Power-10/10
Output-7/10
Capacity-8/10
Shot time-8/10
Looks-8/10
Feel-9/10
Overall-9.8/10

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... leshot.jpg
Here's a shot of me shooting the gun.(A horrible pic of me by the way.)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... trait2.jpg
here's the whole gun. I wrote a little on it...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... trait3.jpg
This is the side I customised the most...
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... latter.jpg
this is what the ground looks like after being shot by this mighty weapon of hydration :)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... deshot.jpg
here's a distance shot
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums....zle.jpg
lol I got this from Guts and Glory water warfare... :laugh:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... adshot.jpg
And next we have an overhead shot.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/f ... ose-up.jpg
Muahahah, I think this one is kinda self explanatory
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums....r-1.jpg
A shot from the back...

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1160881524
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:09 pm

So you used the externals of the CPS 1000 as well as its bladder? IMO, not using the CPS 1200's bladder defeats the purpose of the mod, although in retrospect I think I might have misinterpreted how the actual bladder affects the HPL. And I still don't quite understand the HPL concept...

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:08 pm

No, I used the 1200 internals and externals except for the PC, that was from the 1000. One of the reasons I did this mod is because I had a cps 10k bladder lying around (the rest of it blew up after I pumped it too fast lol)
:laugh:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:20 pm

Okay, that makes sense. Could you salvage anything from the wreckage?

Pumping it up too fast does sound like there is a HPL...but I still think something else must have gone wrong. I dunno.

EDIT: I just got a good look at the pics.

Perhaps I'm just not used to the poor lamination of K-modded guns (that's at least one disadvantage), but that stream is really braking up! I'm surprised it got 48 feet, and it seems to disappear and break up in the pictures.

You really need to do something about it. My suggestion is to do a nozzle selector modification, especially if you're not keen on drilling the nozzle. There's a lot of potential to be unleashed there.

That has to be one of the best soaker modification articles ever. Kudos to Ben.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1160883307

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:55 pm

Definately go for that mod...by better laminating the stream, it can tag on 5-10 more feet of range. Normally the 1200 has a good HPL. Maybe the integration has something to do with it? I don't know, as a 10K/1200 [or if you prefer the stranger 10.12K notation] hadn't been done before.

Oh, and could I have permission to post that review/images into SM's integration gun review section?

Edited By Duxburian on 1160884645
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:23 pm

Yeah, I was planning to do the nozzle mod, I just didn't have enough time today. Duxburian-I would be honored to have this review put up on any site, anyone who wishes to use it can.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:57 am

Good stuff! BTW, I don't get offended if people use stats from iSoaker.com so long as it is acknowledged and not for commercial use. :cool: It's those eBay'ers that rip off pics and reviews for their sales that I get ticked off at primarily (or, in the past, people who lifted whole reviews and called it their own on their site).

Anyhow, this is great stuff and will be re-posted in the appropriate section on iSoaker.com (with your permission, of course).

If you ever feel like writing up a guide on how you did the mod, I'd be happy to add it in, too.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:13 am

Cool :cool:
I love the "Have a nice day" on the front of the gun.
Anybody close enough to be reading that will know they are in for a sure soaking.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:59 am

@isoaker-yeah, when I see people using the reviews for auctons the question"did isoaker let them use that? always pops into my head.BTW You can most certainly use this review and pics.
@WaterWolf-ya, I just had to write that on there. lol

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:43 am

My 2100 seems to have worse stream lamination than this gun. (it's almost like a shotgun but still has better range than the flash flood) It's leaks were repaired earlier, and when I tried a k-mod even with just 15 balloons (started ith 30, taking 5 off at a time), the PRV started acting up after 2 pumps. It seems problematic since when I pump up the gun, the PRV slowly relieves pressure. My 1000 and 1200 are mk3's I think, so I'm going to have to do some cutting to get the pump caps and nozzle caps off, not something I want to have to do but I have no choice.

Anyways, interesting weapon there.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1160930683
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:46 pm

You could switch the cap to a Max Infusion and use the Aquapack and Overload backpack.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:05 pm

Is it even possible to substitute a MI cap for the original one? I doubt it. Otherwise, they would just sell it with the Aquapack and we wouldn't be seeing MI remakes like the MI FF.

Good mod all around, though, so congrats. Nozzle selector mods should definitely be done for all CPS guns without rotating nozzle selectors, especially so if you've K-modded the gun.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:15 pm

Except the MI reservoir caps are extermely large, and threaded backwards.

Great job! However, I would definitely try to fix the 1000's internals. That, or redo some of it with PVC.

I think the gun looks pretty cool. It would look better with purple ducktape, though. :p

I was also entertained by the "Have a Nice Day" written on it. It's almost obnoxious. It's like saying, "I just hit you with enough water to keep you soggy for the rest of the day, but try to have a good one anyways!"

Great job!
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Yeah it would take a lot of work to get the cap right. And the Have a Nice Day :) is almost obnoxious. And it was an excellent mod.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 pm

Do you have any plans for the leftover 1200 pc? :;):

Interesting to see how people really like this integration. [*cough like that's not the total opposite of normal opinion regarding pc-swapping /cough*]
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:53 pm

Hmmm. I havent thought much about the leftover PC. I'll have to think about that, Ill probobly use it for another mod. Thanks to everyone for all the congradulations. Also, does anyone know if many other people have done this mod?

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:59 pm

You're the second to do a 10.12K [10K/1200]. The first was XN. The other pc swaps that have been done are the 1100 [1000/1200], 11K [10K/2100], 2721 [2700/2100], and 2250 [2000/2500]. There are 19 possible combos which boost power, and 21 which reduce power. That 1200 pc would be nice for another integration.

Edited By Duxburian on 1160971300

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:28 pm

Wow nice job! It seems less and less people are modding now a days, and I'm glad to see that some members are still taking the initiative. As far as stream lamination goes, I'm sure it could be improved, but I've also known photos to be a little inaccurate in terms of showing true stream-breakup.

And of course, this will be posted as an article on Downpour, and in the gallery section (nice photos). :;):

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:36 am

Review posted.

@forestfighter7: if you're ever interested in writing up how you actually did the mod, I'd be happy to post it alongside your review.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:10 am

Hmm....tsk tsk tsk, looks like someone forgot a tag. Or am I the only one who gets an error that takes up half the page? :p