Ever broken off of the end of a CPS 3000/3200?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
The Legacy

Post by The Legacy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Hey there. First of all, I'm new here, so hai. :D

Anyways, I found this site through Google, and it brought back nostalgia about my two CPS guns, the 1700 and the 3200, as well as other guns including an apparently rare MDS (though I'm not sure if these dead soakers were tossed; they might have).

So, I decided to post and ask: has anyone ever broken the orange nozle off of the 3000/3200? I have, and sucessfully fixed it after the second attempt. If anyone has that problem, I can give a bit of help.

On a side note, problems with the hose connecting the soaker to the backpack, I've had fixed too.

So, share your experiences with the nasty 3000/3200. :cps3000:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Welcome aboard! I just loved it when I found out this site, too, although I like to say I was somewhat deprived of soakers before anyway. My arsenal is still tiny, too.

I'd suggest writing up the articles right now if you're keen on it. It would probably be easier than having to recount the details later when the problem does arise for somebody else or if you aren't available. It's your choice, though.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:35 pm

@ The Legacy: if you'd be willing to write up a general help/idea article on any repairs you'd done, I'd be happy to include them on the appropriate pages on iSoaker.com. I'm always looking to add in more information that others may find useful. Pictures, if available, would be sweet.

I'm currently working on re-organizing both these forums and the site so it might take a little while before things would be uploaded to the site. However, you're also more than welcome to post up repair tips on these boards as well for immediate distribution.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

The Legacy

Post by The Legacy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Sure, I'll see what I can do. As for the repair photos, I'd need to take it apart again. Before you fret, it's only one screw. That's all it took to fix it; one simple smooth-neck screw (as in the top half of it doesn't have a thread). Originally I used a different screw, and it kept unscrewing itself and sprayed everywhere. ???