What Can Be Done With A XP Triple Play?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:13 pm

After digging through a bunch of pool crap, i found my XP Triple Play that i bought a few years ago for the simple purpose of using it in the pool. Well after at least 2 years since it had even been touched, he hardly pumped, so using the information you guys gave me with my CPS 1000, i esially enough got it pumping, and after some trial and error, got it to work again, although i cant seem to get the tank to unhook so you can put the other 2 in, but that doesnt really matter too much, the point is, the blaster really... well it sucks, not much power, not a very strong stream, and mist shots are cronic. I also have an issue with it constantly draining water out the intake hole on the bottom, i would assume thats not normal.

So i want to know, what reletively simple mods can be done for this gun. I first thought of drilling the nozzle, but its a Q.F.D. so i wasnt sure if it will work.

Unlike my CPS 1000, im not afraid to screw this gun up, so im willing to try anything, hopefully if nothing else, i will gain experience.

Thanks Again

Edited By TrueAce on 1157588192

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:15 pm

Maybe a PRVF might help, but too much pressure might bust the internals like it did to my SC400, and with that gun I never did a PRVF. For the leak you might be able to sandpaper and then epoxy glue it.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1157595502
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the XP Triple Play is PR, but I'm not sure. The interchangeable PCs make things a bit more complicated, but I'm sure you can think of something. At SSC, there's a stickied thread in Modifications that lists the various mods.

@ CA-99: There's no way your SC 400 broke from excessive pressure. Also, every gun model and individual is different.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:58 pm

XP triple play is indeed PR, I checked. If pressure didn't break up my SC 400 then I can only wonder what did.

Doing a nozzle drill might make the range a lot worse that it already is, it depends how much you do it. At most, it might make the QFD use be a little different by how fast it fills, but as long as you don't drill too far, it shouldn't mess up the QFD capability.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1157655566
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:30 pm

i cant seem to figure out where the check valve is, i've looked at the pics on SSC, but it doesnt look anything like any of the pics in the CVF section or the PR CVF section, here are some pics of my gun, somebody please tell me what part of this gun is the check valve.

Edited By TrueAce on 1157657491

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Does that tube leading downwards from the reservoir go out the bottom of the gun? If it does, that's the relief valve.

EDIT: After looking at some of sSoakers pics, I think I can confirm that that is, in fact, the relief valve.

Edited By Rook on 1157659543
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:24 pm

Don't modify this water gun. Bad water guns simply can't get much better. I say this often, but this is like trying to upgrade a tricycle to perform like a monster truck. It simply can't and won't happen.

Most modifications are supremely overrated as well. You don't need to modify. Really. Just because you can doesn't mean that you should. There's a reason that my CPS 1000, my XP 150, and other water guns I have aren't even opened: they perform great as it is! Some water guns work better with modifications though, and that's why you would modify.

Instead, just save this water gun as a backup or something similar. Or, if someone on the other team shows up without a water gun, be a "nice guy" and let them use it. What they don't know won't hurt them afterall. :laugh:

In our next big SSC update, I really intend to put big notes up that just because you can modify, doesn't mean that you should. I get a lot of emails like "Which mods can I do to X gun?" and most of the time they are about crappy guns! You don't try to soup up crap. It's a bad idea. Some modifications, such as the XPS modification, will also be completely removed from the website. Some modifications really aren't worth the effort.

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:23 pm

i completely understand what your saying ben, but the fact is, i would really like to gain the experience, if nothing else, i know that this gun will not be anything special... ever, but thats why i want to learn from this, so if i screw it up, its not a big deal. at the moment, the way this gun performs, im not sure it can even work as a back up, at best i was hoping a mod could make it into one, but i appreciate the reply.

thanks rook, i was kind of thinking that what it might be, but honestly i really had about no idea so i figured i would check before i start sealing vital tubes.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:32 pm

I like the way you're thinking TrueAce, and it's true it is hard to make the SC Triple Play worse than it is. The only thing I would be careful of is the connection between the PC and the rest of the internals. I'm not sure how well the Quick-Fill connection will stand up to the pressures you'll be gettin' with a check valve freeze.

Anyway, good luck.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:13 pm

That tube is indeed the one connecting to the pressure release valve. I do suggest modding the gun--Ben kinda argued against himself there by saying that bad guns won't be helped by mods and that good guns don't need mods. Perhaps some people are happy with the way their guns perform (priorities, I guess), but a PRVD sounds like a good mod to do here. Good luck!

However, you could possibly wreck the gun, but whether that's a chance you're willing to take or not is a question.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:35 pm

It you're gonna do it, it's pretty simple. Just plug the hole like it says here.

It's always nice to get a new member that isn't a n00b. :laugh:

EDIT: I slaughtered the English language.

Edited By Rook on 1157672256
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:59 pm

One thing that might be making this gun leak are hairline fractures to the rims of the bottles, where the screw-on neck meets the rest of the container. I found that out about all three of my quick-fill bottles.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

TrueAce

Post by TrueAce » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Hey guys thanks a ton for your help. silent guy, i definetly knew there was a good chance of wrecking the gun, but since it was one that i had already had, and alot of the metal pieces had rusted, it was no big loss breaking the gun.

So i sealed the tube with some epoxy, then i decided to drill the nozzle, since i dont even have the Q.F.D. base anymore. so after it set for several hours, it was quick set, so i decided to try it out, after all i figured, the worst that could happen is i have to re-do it. It worked surprisingly well. while i did loose a little range, the stream is now thick enough that it might accually get someone wet. now ass for the CVF, it seemed to work also, although at times the tank seems to make some gas leaking noises, i would assume becouse its a removeable tank, the pressure maybe push it out a bit. Drilling the nozzle seemed to help the mist shots quite a bit.

All in all, im quite pleased, the biggest problem seems to be it takes several shots of nothing but mist and then it will start working. now that the nozzle is drilled tho, it takes no time to empty the originally way too small tank.

Thanks Again For Your Help Guys

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:23 pm

I'm glad you like your new modded gun. I was glad to be of service.

By the way, the reason it takes a few mist shots to get it working is because there is still air in the tubes, which needs to be flushed out in order to work properly. This is called "priming."

Edited By Rook on 1157743472

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:55 pm

Or maybe it's just sucking in the air because if you angle the gun up when shooting, the air will be on top--I dunno. Where's the air intake?

If it is sucking in air at the beginning, then you're losing valuable pressure and power. I doubt you'll need to prime the gun--the tubes of most guns are usually filled with water, although if you pump air after use every time (a good idea, I suppose), then that won't be true.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:46 am

Look inside there and note where the intake tube is. This gives you an idea of your firing angle limitations. Other than that there shouldn't be too many problems with shooting mist, just prime it as said above and keep the intake tube submerged when shooting. You don't have to worry about the angle when pumping or just holding it. (this is because when you pump, you pump air into the reservoir, instead of sucking water out of it and pumping it into a firing chamber.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare