Questions abot a 21k - How many baloons?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:33 pm

I am planning to to a k-mod to a cps 2100 mk2. The reason I want to do this modification is to increase power and range. So now the question arises -How many ballons should I use?I am thinking from about using 50-75. Would this be the optimal amount?
:soakon2:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 pm

Go for 60. I did it to mine a while back, and it got awesome power, but without losing too much shot time. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:11 pm

Two years ago a lot of people went overboard with the K-mod. The real limit of usefulness is 50 - 60 balloons.

Some people tried an upwards of 100 balloons, but the fact is that the water gun is not designed to take extra stress to begin with. The K-mod really is like pressurizing PVC beyond it's pressure limit. The water gun wasn't designed for the extra stress and many times can't handle it. Most water guns, with exception to the CPS 2700, seem to be able to handle 60 balloons well however.

PVC on the other hand is designed for the extra stress, so if you are set on the type of power from a 100 balloon K-mod, you should be aware that homemade water guns would be a much more feasible option.

Less balloons also is a good thing because many times you might not even need to do a pressure relief valve freeze if the valve is less sensitive than most.

Good luck with the modification. :)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm only using around 30, I don't want to do a valve freeze, plus I've got enough work to do considering it's a mark 2.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:40 pm

Thank's everybody for the replies. I think will use 60 baloons. I hope that it goes well :) .

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Okay. The gun is completely modded and is very powerfull. I am happy with it except for one thing- the trigger. Sometimes it is fairly hard, but definetly managable to pull and other times it is EXTREMELY hard to pull. Can someone please tell me a possible way to fix this( if there is one ). Thanks in advance.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 pm

You might have pumped it a bit more, either way, that trigger seems to be pretty weird as I myself have had problems with it getting stuck open, where releasing it doesn't cut out the stream. I didn't K mod mine yet, but I don't feel like having to do a PRVF so I'm only using 30 balloons.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:01 pm

@ forestfighter7: There could be a few things at fault, so I'd go with either a weakening trigger (which you might want to reinforce, I dunno), an overworked trigger valve due to the extra pressure, or something else. You could adjust the trigger wire to get the pull altered, but I don't really suggest that. Perhaps Duxburian will know.

@ C-A_99: open up the soaker to find out what might be going wrong inside. I'd be willing to bet it's a weakened return spring somewhere that gets the trigger back out, but I'm not sure. What happens when you manually pull the trigger forward? Does the shooting stop?

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:50 pm

@both: Check the position/angle of the trigger pin. It may be coming too close to the pc, therefore not being able to extend enough, causing firing issues. A rubber band repair can help make open trigger valves close all the way. Adjusting the rod should not be necessary if all trigger-related parts are in proper position, something I learned post factum.

The 2100 trigger is among the strongest in soakers and should never snap or need reinforcement. Also, you will not wear out the trigger valve or its spring right after doing a power mod. It takes time, and loads of it. The trigger valve on my 3rd 21K lasted over 2 years before the stress really began to show through. 21Ks with low balloons should have more than double that lifespan.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:12 pm

Yeah, the gun's been opened for a while, I haven't seen anything wrong with it. I think I'll try the rubber band since I cannot find the spring that closes it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare