12k help

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
DemonicSoaker

Post by DemonicSoaker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:51 pm

I did a 35 ballon K-mod with 14" ballons (the store didn't have any 12") with CVF. When I tested it out, nothing happened when I pulled the trigger. I took the gun back apart and pulled the pin that opens the firing valve. It was extremly difficult to open. Then I took off all the ballon thinking that it might be that the 14" ballons were thicker, making the 35 ballon K-mod act like a 80 ballon K-mod. After took off all the ballons and put the gun back together, I tested the out again and the same problem happen, i couldn't pull the trigger and when I opened it up the pin was very hard to pull. Any suggestions

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:01 pm

But the water was released when you finally managed to pull the pin, correct? I'm assuming so.

Which soaker is this?

I'm assuming the trigger system must have been messed up accidentally when you first opened up and put back together the soaker; the pin is hard to pull in pretty much all soakers. You know the lever that attaches to both that pin and the trigger wire? Make sure the top of it is held in place by a metal pin (a different pin; I think it's on most soakers, but I'm not sure) when you put the halves of the casing back together. Ideally, it goes through a hole in the lever and in a slot on each part of the casing; usually the screws won't align if it isn't aligned, but perhaps that soaker only has the metal pin connected to one side.

That's my first guess, and I'll hazard some more if it's wrong. Good luck with the repair! Could you get some pictures up?

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:39 pm

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't align the internals exactly the right way when you closed the casing. I've done about 6 or so k-mods, and the only reason a few didn't shoot at first was because the pc was rotated just a bit out of place, or the check valve area was, etc.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DemonicSoaker

Post by DemonicSoaker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:29 pm

Thanks for the help:) Yes I did manage to pull the pin and the soaker was a CPS 1200. I'll try to put some pictures up

DemonicSoaker

Post by DemonicSoaker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:21 pm

I tested it out today and the K-mod worked:laugh: I think I didn't align the internals correctly. Thanks again for the help.