Paladin Mod - is it worth modding the defender

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:32 pm

i was planning on this mod earlier but with new information on the defender (thanks Dux) i'm starting to question it's worth. The plan is a three step process. the first step is to do a nozzle drill (which i'll do no matter what). the next step is to open the blaster and preform a CVF. once that is done i'll salvige the PC from my broken CPS1500 (it's beyond repair). with the 1500 pc i'll have to cut the case of the defender to fit the new pc. after that i'll attempt a k mod. i'll then preform a PC swap thus adding a CPS pc to the defender and turning the defender into a paladin. unfortunatly i don't know how good this will work due to the fact that i've never done a pc swap or heard much about it. also thanks to Dux telling us about his experiances opening the defender case i dont know if its worth putting back together. but so far i've come up with this:

Pro's
1. cool experiment to try
2. Mixes CPS with Max-I tech
3. if it is anywhere like the current stats like that of the FF it would be an improvement
4. Defender's ease of use with one hand

Cons
1. it might not work
2. to much work for nothing
3. to annoying to put back together

so before i start this whole ordeal i was wondering what you guys thought and maybe could give me some feedback and see if its worth it or not.

:flashflood: :blazer:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:54 pm

If you have a 1500 pc just lying around, use it to make a PCSI gun! The 1500 pc is the best of all of them, so you could make one of the more powerful integrations. 1510, 1512, 1521, 1527, etc.

Don't waste such a great pc!

The Defender reservoir would be too small to support that pc anyway, and the shot time would be really bad. But put in the right gun, that 1500 pc would give a gun k-mod power before the k-mod!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:22 pm

but i was thinking that with the use of a Max-I aquapack there would be pleanty of water, but please feel free to go into other options

Edited By Dacca on 1150064588

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:58 pm

I agree with Dux.

Sum time!

Possibilites:

Sucess> One Defender + 1500 PC = Ok gun.

Gun being rubbish> One Defender + 1500 PC = A waste - 1500 PC.

Failure> One Defender + 1500 PC = Failure - 1500 PC - One Defender.

Use the PC a build a new gun!

:soakon2:

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:45 pm

Stock pcs tend to not be the best thing for homemades. Homemades should use homemade pcs. I was thinking more along the lines of a pressure chamber swapping integration, where one takes the spherical pc of one CPS soaker and switches it with another. The 1500 has the strongest pc of spherical pc guns, so naturally it would be perfect for such a thing. And once k-modded over the integration, the gun would blow away other modded guns.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:32 pm

unfortunatly the only other cps soaker that i have is my FF which a 1500 pc wouldnt help it at all (but a 2000 pc on an flash flood.....hmmm if it was only worth it to take apart a cps2000)