Making quick and simple straps - ^For non strap blasters

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 29, 2006 9:23 am

There are weapons in my armoury and other peoples that will be good to use as sidearms and even main weapons like the Flash Flood, but the problem is, they have no straps, so, I decided to do an easy, simple way of making a strap quickly.

Most people when coming to make a strap usually do things like drilling a hole and such in the gun to make a strap, which to some like me is a bit complicated and takes up too much time, so, I have made a really simple mod to put straps on some guns that I have and ones ones that will be coming to me soon that need one. It doesn't require any drilling or anything, just a few minutes and a piece of fairly thick and strong string.

Some people may have already known about and done things like this, but since there are no ways posted up as easy as this on sites, I thought I'd go through it.

I did this on my Argon, and will be doing it on my Flash Flood soon.

1. Go to the back of the Argon where the trigger area is, and wrap 2 knots around the back, like shown here. You may want to get someone to hold tight the first knot while you do the second one to ensure its tight and won't lousen.

2. Then use the string on the top of the reservoir just before the cap, and once again wrap two knots round it in the picture here.

3. Then measure the string to how far you want it to go when putting it around your shoulder, I'd say around 60-70com or perhaps a bit more depending on how you want it round your shoulder when using as a sidearm.

4. Once you are happy and certain on what length you want it to be, cut where you are happy and wrap the string around the purple hook type bit around the front, to stop the string from getting in the way, I kept tying knots around the front until it ended and didn't get in the way to give it more of a secure tightness, which you can see in the picture here.

5. Congratulations! You have just made a quick, simple and strong strap for your Argon without any hassle or drilling. The finished product should look something like this.

This is how it looks on me, it works, it stays, and can now be used as a sidearm.

I'm guessing that this could be done to other guns like the Flash Flood too, you just have to find different parts to wrap the string round, I'm going to try this on my Flash Flood next, and will keep reporting back on which guns I have and will be getting without straps this will work on.

I know for one thing, this definately works on a Argon! :goofy:

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Mon May 29, 2006 9:57 am

I have tried a similar technique before, but string really isn't a good material for a strap. If I were you, I would use srting to make a "connection point" at which you would connect a real shoulder strap to your gun. Because the string is quite thin, I don't think the gun will stay in place for long, especially while running. Also, dosen't the string get a bit uncomfortable around the trigger area?
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 am

Other than string, nearly every other method requires more than just this. I did this because its quick and easy and provides a decent strap. Maybe you didn't do it right or put the string on strong enough, it also depends on the string being used, this string was perfect and is pretty strong.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1148915136

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon May 29, 2006 2:42 pm

I made a fairly simple strap that I used on my max d 6000. It requires a real strap though, and is best used during a mod/repair because you need the gun open. Simply drill a hole on each end of the strap, and while closing the gun screw one screw in through each hole. There you have it, a real strap (should be less painful than a string).

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Well you use your ways and I'll use mine, I find that just string is fine for me, works on Flash Flood now as well.

I'm now going to close this topic, since people seem to think this is a crap idea, it wasn't meant to be a breakthrough! Why don't you just read! It was just a good, cheap solution without drilling and such to make some non-strapped soakers have a strap!

Topic closed.