CPS 12k Trigger Valve Malfunction - NEED HELP ASAP!

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:56 pm

I recently performed a partial k-mod on my 1200 (~55 baloons). During battle however, the trigger valve ceased to function, making the soaker shoot while pumping.

To solve the problem, I sawed open the 12k's orange nozzle assembly, as shown.

On the left of the above image, you see one half of the nozzle assembly that houses the trigger valve (detailed below) this valve prevents water from passing through the nozzle when the soaker's trigger is not being pulled.

In the image of all three parts of the nozzle assembly you also see a circular rubber piece. On an undamaged 1200, this piece is held within the retractable plastic valve, as shown below.

The fully operational valve (pictured above) should seal off the last half of the nozzle (shown below) and prevent water from leaving the soaker.

Here is an image of the rubber piece (removed from its plastic housing to allow for better viewing) as it correctly seals off the hole that leads to the gun's nozzle.

Now, here's my problem:

As soon as I sawed open the entire orange section (as seen in the first image) I looked at the nozzle and saw this:

The extreme pressure caused by the k-mod seems to have sucked the circular piece of rubber from its housing and pushed it into the tube that leads to the 12k's nozzle. This causes the trigger valve to no longer contain the pressure held within the PC and makes the gun shoot while pumping. I have attempted to put the rubber piece back into the retractable plastic section and glue the nozzle assmbly back together; this has failed twice because the same problem occurs again and again. My next plan is glue the rubber piece back into place and pray. Is this a good idea? Does anyone have any advice? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Too much pressure from the PC, huh? I've never opened up the nozzle valve, so can't say for sure. I'm wondering if you can replace that O-ring with a larger/wider one that is less likely to be pushed or to put a wire screen on the other side towards the nozzle to prevent the O-ring from entering it. I'm not sure glue is a good idea since glue may reduce the lifetime or the O-ring, not to mention making it harder to replace if it wears down.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Well, the thinking behind glueing the o-ring is that the small plastic disc in its center may provide enough surface area for the glue to secure the rubber disc in place. I do not intend on applying glue to the actual rubber, as this will reduce its flexibility thereby lowering its ability to seal the nozzle. A bigger rubber o-ring might work, but I don't know where I could get one that is exactly the size I need and have a small ~2 mm orifice in the center (to accomodate the plastic disc). The wire screen idea is probably the best........but I have no idea how that can be done. Thanks a lot for your input.

Should I post this topic somewhere in the Articles section or perhaps the _ground area?
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator