Blazer mods.. - what can i do?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:03 am

Okay because the Blazer's "Hydro power" is kinda harder to mod. So I need a list of what Blazer mods I can do. I know about the spring one, I need to know where to cut for CVF, and can I change to PC into one that's more like a CPS PC? Other mods will be nice! :blazer:

:soakon2: :holidaysoak:
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Newb

Post by Newb » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:46 pm

What mods are there for the Blazer it has 2 spherical pc dosent it? So can you do a k-mod for this gun? And since it has 2 pc's wouldn' this make this gun way more powerful than others? And if you mod this gun, wont it make it even stronger. The review claims that this gun can reach 42 ft in range. :blazer:

Edited By Newb on 1131824887

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:57 pm

Blazer PCs are not spherical, they are hemi-spherical (half-spheres). While I've never personally attempted a K-mod on a spherical CPS chamber, the hemi-spheres in the Blazer may be oddly shaped that makes adding on balloon layers a problem (or perhaps there is a problem keeping the balloons on or getting it back into the casing.

For those who have tried, why hasn't the Blazer been K-modded yet?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:17 pm

I've done a mod to my lightning, and I can't really see how you can go a k-mod. However one mod I know is to squirt a bit of hot glue on top of the holes is the top of the pc casing, then air can't escape and it will compress to giv you more power. Also multiple pressure chambers don't make more power, just more shot time.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:06 pm

As always, our reviews have lists of possible Super Soaker modifications. Please read our Water Warriors Blazer water gun review for a list of Blazer compatible modifications. While not complete because modifications such as nozzle drilling, greasing, check valve freezing, etc. can be performed on most water guns, that list includes modifications for specific water guns and is fairly up to date.

The spring modification I will not recommend at all. It is a known, but poor modification. I believe that Big Bee designed the diaphragm system to be hard to modify (as he should). In short, you put a spring in the diaphragm chamber above the rubber slit and below the plastic casing. That will add more resistance and in return increase the power of your water gun.

I do not recommend this modification because Blaze said that his Blazer broke shortly after performing this modification. Please do not be surprised if your water gun breaks after performing the spring modification. Also, do not expect a K-mod-like increase in power. Any power increase will be moderate unless you use a heavy spring which would only break your water gun faster.