Have a Flash Flood? Bored? Two good mods - Two mods that will help you greatly...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sun May 01, 2005 9:21 pm

1. Take a 2 liter bottle (emptied and cleaned. squish it onto the flash flood, so that the Nose of the bottle is inside the end of the resivoir (the resivoir and bottle should both be uncapped.)
Take a knife and stab the top, so that there's a little hole on the end of the bottle. Widen it as you see fit, or attach a funnell.
2. Take some strong tape, and tie the 2 liter bottle to the end of the upper part of the water gun. make sure it's snug!
3. Unless you have some caulk, rubber cement, or any waterproof material that you think would be better in filling the small area between the nose of the bottle and the resivoir (The bottle's nose should be tight inside the flash flood's resivoir, what you're doing is stopping pressurized water from escaping outside of the area,) Take some modeling clay and spread it all around the area. Before it dries (It dosen't have to dry, mine is advertised to never dry but is still waterproof,) try filling it up to the top of the bottle and shooting away. Remember the areas where it leaks, and put some more on that area.

You're all set! Congrats on adding an EXTRA 67 OUNCES of water space to your resivoir, without using a backpack or any rubber hosing!

I would also suggest you cut away that metal wiring covering the flash flood opening. Ever since I stabbed mine out with a pen, it seems to work much better. Just a suggestion, though.

Take a hacksaw, and saw off the little plastic thing covering the small blast. Then, take some corks, and widen them out with scissors. Experiment with different sizes and styles. (If you're having trouble cutting all the way through the cork, try cutting them in half.) When you're done, try putting it on the tip of the plastic piping, and see what happens to the spray!

Take a plastic bag. Secure it to the flash flood with tape, or glue, or whatever. Create more of your custom cork mods. Make sure you can take them on and off in seconds...

Now, put them all in a bag. When you're in the heat of a battle and need to switch blasts, pop on a custom cork and blast away!

These two mods require no knowledge of how to take apart and put together a gun. However, both of them, especially the first, will help you improve your super soaker experience. Cheers!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 02, 2005 6:17 am

This thread belongs in the Workshop forum. Thread moved.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am

wow, great mods. You might also want to try doing CVF(really easy on the FF), collosus, Cg and my trigger mod, and reinforced internals.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 5:44 pm

If you're really bored, take a straw and try putting it on the end of your modded small FF nozzle.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun May 15, 2005 1:45 pm

I found that the flashflood was really heavy and unwieldy so i unscrewed the whole thing and cut off the small gun. Then i attached the hose to the flash flood part and "Taped" it together. the result? A small gun that shoots the same burst as the flash flood did. I can even carry it in one hand!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 15, 2005 2:11 pm

Doc wrote:I found that the flashflood was really heavy and unwieldy so i unscrewed the whole thing and cut off the small gun. Then i attached the hose to the flash flood part and "Taped" it together. the result? A small gun that shoots the same burst as the flash flood did. I can even carry it in one hand!
Can you take a picture of your mod and post it?
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Ummm... Doc, how old are you? The Flash Flood is really easy to carry on account of it being small, light, and well balanced...
ownage

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun May 15, 2005 5:19 pm

correct, i dual-wield FF's sometimes...but i prefer my 2700 or some other big CPS...
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun May 15, 2005 8:39 pm

Actuallly im a tall lean teenager, but i just dont like the size of the flashflood. Or the Artic shock for that matter.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun May 15, 2005 11:31 pm

You might want to go down to the gym, dude... seriously. Though I can see the potential usefulness of a small, compact hose attachment with either a continuous stream or the FF's riot blast shotgun nozzle. I would still probably prefer my 3200 as hose attachment, but that sounds alright.
ownage

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:49 pm

I don't have the FF or know too much about modding, so this maybe a very stupid idea.
Okay, is it possable to cut a bit off the end of the resovair, and stick in a 500ml bottle?
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty