Question(s)  about modding

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Zeppelin

Post by Zeppelin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:18 pm

First, is an XPS mod fairly simple to perform? I want to XPS mod my new Max-D 6000, but I'm not sure if my parents are going to help me, and I want to be sure either way that I'll be able to do it with no damage to my MD6K. (If it might, I'll do it on my very old XP 270 first, to test it). Next, what's a good site to visit for help with modifications? I've seen some at SSCentral but they aren't exactly the most detailed things in the world (they're detailed enough, though...barely) and I bet there's a lot more mods than just the ones listed there. Finally, is it that great of an idea to do a check-valve freeze? I mean, does it give you a major performance boost or is it just something you should save for if you're making a k-modded soaker?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:22 am

Welcome Zeppelin!

My modifications have all you need to know for every single modification listed. The older ones (from 2003 and early 2004) I will admit are lacking however. There's more than some there also... more than 20.

How much more detailed do you need them? I don't exactly consider my 1500 word K-modding tutorial undetailed. Did you ever consider that that's all there is to that modification? All modifications are relatively simple in concept. :cool:

I wouldn't recommend the XPS modification under any circumstances. It is just about the easiest modification there is in reality, and I include it on my website because people like it apparently. I also wouldn't recommend check valve freezing air pressure water guns such as that one.

That's just my opinion and I'm sure you'll hear different from a few other people. Simply put, your Max-D 6000 isn't going to be like a CPS 1000.

SSCentral's list of modifications is also generally complete with exception to a few uncommon modifications and other gun specific modifications. There's PC expansion, PC replacement, reservoir expansion and a few others I don't remember. Reservoir expansion is simple and common already so I do not want to include it. I don't have any water guns to perform the PC expansion or replacement modifications on so I can't make a guide on them.

If you're looking for other sites with modifications, try a few links sections, but you won't find anything with as many as SSCentral.

Any suggestions you have for our modifications section would be appreciated. Please email me at ben [at] sscentral.org

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:32 am

SSCentral is currently the largest resource on modifying and/or building your own soaker on the net. However, if you'd like more details or have more specific questions on a particular problem, ask here or on SSCentral's forums and you'll probably get a more info/detail for things you have questions about.

There are a few other sites with modification/homebuildling info. Check out the iSoaker.com Links page (I need to fix some broken links, though) for other sites.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: