FF... what power mods could I throw on? - Don't want to break it...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Lo there. I'm looking for some good power mods, or range mods, for the flash flood. I'm especially trying to get something going with the bottom nozzle. Has anyone experimented with theirs, and if so, could they recommend some sort of modification for the Flash Flood?

hunter

Post by hunter » Mon May 02, 2005 6:54 pm

on mine i have done CVF, nozzle drill, and the FF silent trigger mod
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 02, 2005 8:13 pm

I had written an article listing many possible modification for the Flash Flood. While not exhaustive, it does give you a good start.

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 9:51 pm

Thanks a lot! You may want to check the picture link for the flash flood.
What exactly is CVF, by the way?

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:49 pm

Check valve freeze, I asked that on the forums once. There's this valve built into every soaker as a safety device. If the pressure exceeds a certain level, this thing is activated to release the excess pressure. If you remove it, you can keep pumping past that ceiling of psi... if you go too long, obviously, you can blow a tank or break something else with the internals, but it is hoped that the person who is smart enough to be able to mod their soaker can also tell when they are pushing its physical capabilites. Power mods that involve stronger firing chambers such as K-mod and colossus are pointless if you don't remove this valve. However, other things may also need to be reinforced or they might not be able to hold in the extra pressure.
Basically, you cut this bit of tubing out (the "check" valve), and seal the pipes it was connected to... you may have to look around, or ask someone else for a link with pictures and instructions...
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 03, 2005 3:32 pm

The screws on two parts of my FF are stuck, and I can't get them off so I can't do any internal mods since I don't wanna rip it or saw it open. I did however remove the wire mesh on the bottom nozzle. That's something you should try since you wanted to do something with it. You end up with an incredibly long range blast that shoots out a huge beam of water. You have to try it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed May 11, 2005 11:00 am

i wouldnt suggest takeing that mesh off. the reson why thats there is to prevent anything from getting into the chamber like dirt or any other particulate matter. if your careful with your FF then yeah i'm sure that'd be awsome but i think it will severly reduce the life of your FF
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Wed May 11, 2005 5:11 pm

LtDan64 wrote:Check valve freeze, I asked that on the forums once. There's this valve built into every soaker as a safety device. If the pressure exceeds a certain level, this thing is activated to release the excess pressure. If you remove it, you can keep pumping past that ceiling of psi... if you go too long, obviously, you can blow a tank or break something else with the internals, but it is hoped that the person who is smart enough to be able to mod their soaker can also tell when they are pushing its physical capabilites. Power mods that involve stronger firing chambers such as K-mod and colossus are pointless if you don't remove this valve. However, other things may also need to be reinforced or they might not be able to hold in the extra pressure.
Basically, you cut this bit of tubing out (the "check" valve), and seal the pipes it was connected to... you may have to look around, or ask someone else for a link with pictures and instructions...
Lol, knew all that except I didn't realize it was an abbreviation.

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Wed May 11, 2005 5:13 pm

Dacca wrote:i wouldnt suggest takeing that mesh off. the reson why thats there is to prevent anything from getting into the chamber like dirt or any other particulate matter. if your careful with your FF then yeah i'm sure that'd be awsome but i think it will severly reduce the life of your FF
Actually, I have a funny story about that...
For some reason, I filled my ff with orange juice. (don't ask.) I was using the top nozzle (the big one.)However... the orange juice pulp was getting clogged up by the mesh! So, I simply cut it out.

As for the bottom nozzle, I've already removed the mesh, and the entire plastic cappy thing. It's actually kind of cool, because the thing remaining is easily moddable. You should try it.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri May 13, 2005 2:23 pm

question about drilling out the nozzle. about what size bit do you suggest to get the best range (not output cause its mainly going to be used for 1HK games)
more reliable then a max-D trigger

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 13, 2005 2:29 pm

This article will answer your question: SSC Streams Article
Someone might suggest a nozzle size, but do the above in order to get the best size for your individual gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers