Where to put a strap?

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm

I just got the Vaporizer and want it as a back-up. The problem, no strap.

The spine ridge at the top of the soaker looks like a good place to drill some holes.

My question. Is there anything stopping me form doing so? Because this is a piston-type, would it really matter?
Thanks.
~SO :cps2500:
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 09, 2005 8:56 pm

I'm not sure where the tubes in a Vaporizer are placed [don't have one for a good reason], but in some guns the ridge at the top contains vital tubing. In order to properly determine the best places to drill holes for a strap, you need to open the gun. That's the only way to see where the internals lie and which parts of casing are safe to drill.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 10, 2005 4:47 am

On my Vaporizer, I removed the front orange piece and then tied one side onto a screw exposed by that spot and the other onto the reservoir.

Pictures should be at SSCentral in the Piston Conversion modification.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Tue May 10, 2005 7:56 pm

Hey, i wa swondering if anyone tried to put a strap on the flashflood. I had an idea to drill throuh the screw hole on the top back of the blaser and replace it with an eyehook or another type of bolt and then find a spot on the resivoir to attatch the other end too (not go through the tank, but around it) Is this a good idea or does anyone else have any better ideas? thanks. :ss50:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 11, 2005 7:59 am

@ Dacca: Welcome to the board!

As for straps on the Flash Flood, due to its size, shape, and design, I'm tempted to just say loop a strap through the grip region with no need for drilling. This would have the nozzles face downwards when hanging by the strap if the blaster is empty but at a different angle if the reservoir and/or PC has different amounts of water in it. If worried about eh strap sliding on the grip area, it can always be secured in an area using duct tape.

I'd need to look at the blaster a little more before recommending other places to drill if wanting to make a more normal-type of strap set-up.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: