My first 21K mod attempt- A blog - Some funny things inside...

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 9:48 pm

In case you didn't know, A 21 K is simply a CPS 2100 with the K mod. I totally ruined my 21 K by hacking off the front nozzle, leaving mine with a range of around five feet. :D
Knowing only a K mod could ever get this into a worthy soaker, I decided to attempt it. After Seeing a nice article on the SSC, I boldly began the job armed with a hacksaw, screwdriver, and my intreprid spirit.

Things started out okay. It appeared that mine was either a mark 1 or 3, since getting the insides out of the casing wasn't much of a problem. That's when the fun started.

First, I was'nt exactly being too careful, so all the tiny little pieces of the blaster (trigger valve pole, triggle valve dowel, etc) flew out. I managed to get a hold of them, however.

Next, I was playing around with my pump... as I was happily pumping water into the CPS thing, get this... with nothing to hold it back, it flew off the pump/CPS pipe and landed about three feet away, flooding my face with water. Keep in mind I was also doing this indoors...
I also managed to pull my pump out of the grip. The only way I could get it back in was to cut a tiny snip off the rubber. It seems to fit snug, but I hope it still has enough pressure...
After such events, I was ready for the big prize- the CPS chamber myself. I removed the screws, popped it open, and there it was. If anyone knows what a turkey baster is, the rubber end of that thing reminded me a lot of this.

Thus, I'm about 2/5 of the way through. Hopefully I'll be able to get the baloons on okay, and then getting it back in its casing. Perhaps my blaster will one day shoot more than five feet! Hurrah!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 03, 2005 6:54 am

@ Bronostar - please try to put your posts in more appropriate forums. Mod/repair/creation type posts should be in the Workshop forum. Thanks!

Thread moved.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue May 03, 2005 8:47 am

as i said earlier, you can do a nozzle selector mod to it, and give it a normal nozzle again.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 03, 2005 7:54 pm

In case you didn't know, A 21 K is simply a CPS 2100 with the K mod.

Normally true, but you can tap further into the abilities of the 2100 by going beyond just the common k-mod. When I refer to 21Ks, it is implied that several mods have been used. The shotgun blast you get after k-modding is great for sting factor, but spreads out and isn't too effective at soaking at the 55ft. range. Nozzle modding one laminates the stream, perfectly, and allows you to send a large and compact stream past the 60ft. mark. In your case, nozzle modding your 21K will get back the original range, plus possibly more, and allow you to choose nozzles. You could use a small nozzle for high range, a riot blast nozzle for soaking close range, etc. I would advise a multi-nozzle mod, as a k-mod will not do much alone to help if the nozzle is damaged.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Tue May 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Ah, that's a shame.
I'm going to look into nozzle modifications.
By the way, have you ever considered doing a K-mod with rubber bands? I got the idea today when I ran short of baloons... I was thinking it may help a little.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue May 03, 2005 9:35 pm

I had that idea a while back. I was thinking about industrial rubber bands. It may work, I never tried it.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 04, 2005 4:50 am

Broncostar wrote:Ah, that's a shame.
I'm going to look into nozzle modifications.
By the way, have you ever considered doing a K-mod with rubber bands? I got the idea today when I ran short of baloons... I was thinking it may help a little.
Rubber bands, like bike tubes on spherical PCs, don't work. Until we actually find something better than your average balloon, use only the correctly sized balloons. Balloons are the only known things to work well.

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed May 04, 2005 8:30 am

hmm....would it be possible to use a spherical PC from a broken CPS?

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:55 am

would it be possible to use a spherical PC from a broken CPS?

As in removing the cylindrical one and putting a spherical one where the old one used to be? I don't quite see why not, but there's other parts one would have to make fit. A ball one wouldn't work too well in a containment chamber designed for a long one, etc...
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:36 pm

Where was this "rubber slip"? if it was around your pump shaft, then you will not be able to get a good seal and the soaker will be useless.

hunter

Post by hunter » Fri May 06, 2005 10:09 pm

LtDan64 wrote:
would it be possible to use a spherical PC from a broken CPS?

As in removing the cylindrical one and putting a spherical one where the old one used to be? I don't quite see why not, but there's other parts one would have to make fit. A ball one wouldn't work too well in a containment chamber designed for a long one, etc...
Uhm...no, i meant use the spherical pc from a broken gun to kmod a working gun.