Any suggestions on how exactly to widen nozzles? - or to break off the nozzle itself.

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Sun May 01, 2005 10:46 am

Lo there. After hunter kindly explained how to do shotgun mods (What's a collossus?) I was trying to widen my nozzles. However, I just succeeded in creating a blast a tiny bit more powerful and about 10 feet shorter.

I use a screwdriver to widen my nozzles, but I'm trying to break off the front area of my cps2100 completely. Does anyone have any tips on how to do that?

I'm just trying to get shotgun mods on all of my water guns.
How do you widen your nozzles? If you break the tips off, how do you do that?

Edited By Broncostar on 1114962388

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun May 01, 2005 11:07 am

uhm....try sawing off the front 1/16" of the nozzle, then you have a 3/4" wide hole that shoot maybe 15 feet

Or drill it bigger.

Edited By hunter on 1114963698
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 pm

I use a screwdriver to widen my nozzles, but I'm trying to break off the front area of my cps2100 completely. Does anyone have any tips on how to do that?

Open your CPS 2100 up. Some CPS 2100s (maybe all) have a threaded nozzle, which essentially means that you can unscrew it and get a big nozzle.

Other than that, try attaching a nozzle selector to get more nozzles. I did to my CPS 2100 - some say it is the best modification ever thought of.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 01, 2005 1:49 pm

^ As Doom noted, there are a bunch of means to widen nozzles known by the soaker community. I'd definitely recommend, if you hadn't already, checking out SSCentral for those wanting to learn a lot on both modifying and even building your own soaker (when mods aren't enough). Of course, SSCentral is good for more than just modding, but modding is one of their specialties.

While soaker modding is touched upon here, there are other sites that do a far better job. Browse the links section for other sites as well.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 5:46 pm

I probably should have checked here first...
I just took a hacksaw and totally sawed off the nozzle of my CPS 2100... (d'oh!) Now it shoots four feet... :D Oh well.

hunter

Post by hunter » Mon May 02, 2005 5:54 pm

dont dispair! There may yet be a way to save your 2100, that is one of the best guns there is to mod, if done right. A lot of pics would be helpful if you want us to try to help you fix your gun.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 02, 2005 5:59 pm

On the mark 1 and 3 models the nozzle can screw off. Check SSC for the "Adding nozzle selectors" mod, which allows you to use any size nozzles. This will allow you to get the range back, or create a large nozzle that still shoots somewhat far.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Broncostar

Post by Broncostar » Mon May 02, 2005 9:54 pm

Sorry I don't have any pics...
I sawed off all of the nozzle (I don't think it had a screw anyways.) When I say all of the nozzle, I mean all of the area up to the big, orange circle. Thus, my "nozzle" is simply flash flood-like in that it has nothing but a metal grate on it.
I'm a bit too inexperienced to try a nozzle selection mod right now, although it would defenitely help. Right now, I have my 2100 dismantled for a K-Mod, which should give me back some power. Overall, I'm trying to turn this into a shotgun.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 pm

Now that I just duplicated a topic, I'll put what I said in that one (hopefully wiped by morning) here. So as long as this topic is here, I was thinking it would be nice for everyone to just offer everything they know about nozzle drilling right here. ...my post:

What is the safest/most effective way to perform a nozzle drilling mod? I'm thinking of avoiding, say, drilling into the filter screen, or gnarling the nozzle so the stream loses all coherence. (gnarling is now officially a verb... as in the act of causing something to become gnarled) I don't want to drill too far, drill where I shouldn't, drill a crooked hole, or make too big of a hole.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!