backpack hybrids - adding backpacks on to the big guns

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
PirateDan200

Post by PirateDan200 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:41 pm

I picked up a Super Soaker Aquapack devastator. I noticed that the tube connecting to the gun could be easily severed. I also own a cps 2100, and was thinking of connecting the backpack to the 2100's resevoir, giving a total capacity of about 5000 mL. I was working on trying to figure out good ways to connect the two in such a way that I would have a consistant supply of water before I went and ruined the aquapack devastator. Ideas/comments/suggestions?
Current Arsenal:
CPS 2100
Aquapack Devastator
Max-D 5000

The war begins soon....

hunter

Post by hunter » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:19 pm

dont do that! you can make a homemade backpak, then you wouldn't have to ruin your dev.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:55 am

Stick them together usin duck tape. Should keep em together. Maybe put some rubber tubing on both of them, stretching it over the Both ends.
acericardo

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:23 pm

When it comes to attaching a backpack onto a stock soaker, I've always considered (though never attempted) drilling into the reservoir cap and attaching the hose from the backpack securely onto the cap. This seal should be as water and air-tight as possible to maximize the amount of suction produced as water is drained from the stock soaker's reservoir. One additional benefit of attaching the hose to the cap is that it'll make the back-pack reservoir switchable between blasters that use the same cap fitting (most of the CPS series uses the same-sized reservoir cap).

As I noted above, though, I've never tested this. As well, as mentioned before, you can always go for making your own homemade backpack instead of hacking apart your Aquapack Dev.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm

does the MXL have the same cap as other CPS guns?

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:46 pm

There's a good backpack mod over at sscentral.net

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:47 pm

Just checked on some caps.. .
The MXL cap switches quite happily between the entire Monster series soakers which, as far as I know, are also easily swappable with the rest of the CPS-line (well, apart from the Splashzooka that has no cap). :goofy:

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:01 pm

ok...the cap on my MXL is not working very well...so i'm thinking of getting it a new cap...

Edited By hunter on 1113156138

PirateDan200

Post by PirateDan200 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:17 pm

hrm... well, since I'm not going to chop up my APD, is there a good way to enlarge the nozzle size? the output is kinda pathetic, at this point I might just use it to refill my cps 2100 on the go.
Current Arsenal:
CPS 2100
Aquapack Devastator
Max-D 5000

The war begins soon....

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:35 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of nozzle drilling. Now, don't ask me just how you do it, but that's the answer you are looking for. I am told there is no easier mod. Just make sure it has the power to spare... it should feel like the size of the hole is restraining the power this gun is capable of, before you go drilling a big hole into an already underpowered gun. I'm sure someone will follow this post with actual instructions, or direct you to where you can read some yourself. *nudge, nudge* (Guys?)

Edited By LtDan64 on 1113158196
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:43 pm

While LtDan64 is more-or-less correct, having never opened up the APD, I don't know how much or how safe it is to drill in that nozzle without damaging some of the inner workings or whether the drilling will even affect the performance in a positive manner. For nozzle drilling to be effective, the internals must also support the widened nozzle (i.e. the inside tubing has to be at least as large as the new nozzle opening, otherwise drilling won't change much). Nozzle drilling is easier and safer to do on soakers with nozzle selectors since the opening that feeds the selector lets you know how large things can maximally get. As well, removeable selectors means you can drill without fear of damaging the rest of the soaker. Since the APD only has the one nozzle, a better understanding of how the innards are arranged is vital before any nozzle drilling should be done.

:cool:

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:29 pm

Also, when doing a nozzle mod, it is really hard to get it lined up straight, you don't want a stream that shoots 5 feet to the right of where you were aiming!

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:53 pm

another idea to add power to the APD would be to collossus mod it. Once again, directions are available at sscentral.net.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:29 pm

cooldood31 wrote:another idea to add power to the APD would be to collossus mod it. Once again, directions are available at sscentral.net.
SSCentral.org actually, at least for the moment.

I'd suggest doing an interchangeable nozzle mod, so you can find the best nozzle for the gun in terms of range, etc.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!