NOOO! MY MonsterX/CPS2000 Hybrid! - It's playing up!

For questions, articles, and discussions regarding water blaster modifications.
Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Ahhhh jeezzzz, I took this beast out for some drive bys, and I noticed as my tank got emptier, it started pumping water out of the front. It only does it when it's nearly empty. Any ideas what's up with it? This is like my main gun, it's extremely powerful and versatile. I don't want it to break! :(

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:19 pm

Messed up trigger valve in front. I've got a 2000 that does this that I've been meaning to fix. Check and see that the trigger valve is in solid condition (no cracks or anything), there are no obstructions inside the pipes, and it doesn't stick inside the gun when moving forward.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:27 am

OK, will do. Will it be fixable if it does break? I don't wnana lose such an awesome beast

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:34 am

Probably, but why don't you ask Doom at SSC, where he's more likely to see your problem and post your fix.

Edited By Spinner on 1109518500
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:11 am

I'd have to agree with Adrian. Sounds like a sluggish, problematic nozzle valve. Might just be a matter of needing to check the valve's moving parts and make sure they're moving smoothly. Older blaster valves tend to get stuck open or closed since their joints/pistons stick. Perhaps the pistons just need some lubricant to keep them gliding nicely. Of course, you'd need to open 'er up and check out the nozzle valve as you pull and release the trigger.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:44 pm

Common problem gets a common repair:

My XP 150 has the same exact problem. The spring that closes the valve shut doesn't close it all the way (likely from age), and pressure will close it. That explains why it leaks out when it's near empty.

Solution: Add a rubber band or spring to close up that valve.

I doubt you would have to open your trigger valve in order to repair this. That would make things a little more complicated than they have to be, especially if you've never opened a trigger valve up before.

That is, of course, what your problem most likely is. If something was stuck in your valve or there wasn't enough lubricant any longer, your valve would probably not hold pressure in the first place.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:50 pm

I doubt you would have to open your trigger valve in order to repair this. That would make things a little more complicated than they have to be, especially if you've never opened a trigger valve up before.

As Doom noted, opening the valve assembly is not a good idea, especially if things can be troubleshot and fixed without needing to. When I stated "Open 'er up", I was referring to the blaster casing and NOT the nozzle valve assembly. Just wanted to clarify that.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:44 pm

Ah, the rubberband mod. That was my mod. :goofy: Just to let you know, if one rubberband does not work and you put on another, it can affect the trigger rod. When you pull back the trigger the valve may open kind of slowly.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:01 am

Another alternative repair (if you're opening the valve casing) would be to replace the sping on the inside. Taking the spring off should be relatively easy if it's like my CPS 2700. Just find the end and spin it until it's removed. Replacement of the spring should be relatively easy if your local hardware store has a good stock of different sized springs.

That would be the best repair you could do, but I will not recommend it unless you are completely confident in your modding abilities.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:01 pm

Hmm, I know this is a big ask, but would anyone be willing to post some pics to show me exactly how to do this? I don't wanna mess it up.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Nick wrote:Hmm, I know this is a big ask, but would anyone be willing to post some pics to show me exactly how to do this? I don't wanna mess it up.

There's a link with pictures in one of Doom's above posts. "Add a rubber band or spring" above is a link.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:23 am

Yes, there are pictures of this extremely simple repair completed. Please note that the duct tape of the CPS 2100 valve is only in place to keep the rubber band a little more centered -- it may or may not be necessary in your Monster X valve.

Not that I want to sound like a snob or something, but when someone gives you a link, please check it out before deciding whether or not you want pictures. This is the second time I gave you a link with pictures and you've not taken a peek to at least see what's up. That is disappointing to me.

:goofy:

There's other similar guides available if you want a better write-up or more pictures. I am getting around to rewriting much of SSCentral's content to be a little more descriptive and use more pictures found on lost memory cards. This guide is planned to have a revision at least.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:39 pm

Hey sorry bout hat, didn't realise there was a link there(was scan reading).

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:41 pm

Ahh right, got it. I'll do the mod, and if it don't fix it I'll getb ack to you. Thanks for the help!

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:38 am

HAHAHA! Guys, this means I can bring back half my collection that had leaky trigger valves! Man, I'm gonna have all the old beasties back! :D :D :D :angry: :cool:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:20 pm

I would consolidate your last three posts into one. Helps to keep the board uncluttered.
:soakon:
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:07 am

How do i do that?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:45 am

I think he's just saying you should post more in one post. Perhaps seperate responses to different people with Re:*Your subject here* or something like that.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:49 am

O no, I did the mod and it made the problem worse! I dunno if I accidentally super glued the pin that goes into the trigger valve assembly, and now it cant move. I'll give it a smack with a hammer and keep you updated on how it goes.

vaporizer

Post by vaporizer » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:35 pm

Soooooooooooooooooooo....................... Update us. Please. :)
My Armory:
2 MD2K
1 MD3K
1 MD5K
1 Vaporizer
1 XPsed 270 (balloons blew out, and fixed it w. a rubber band)
2 WW Glow- Blasters
1 Spider-Man soaker
1 Flash Flood
1 Triple Shot
1 Gremlin

Coming Soon
Aquapack Devastator
Liquidator

Edited by vaporizer on April 01 2005, 13:10