Ultimate Water Warfare Battlegrounds?

Recommended places across the globe to hold a water war / water fight.
isoaker

Ultimate Water Warfare Battlegrounds?

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 am

If you could hold a water war anywhere, where would it be? On a remote island? In deep space? In the jungle?

Describe your ideas for a perfect setting to hold a water war! While some are unlikely (e.g. space/weightless water battles) for a long time, one never knows whether something may be more possible than one first suspected.

Dream big! Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Ultimate Water Warfare Battlegrounds?

Post by SEAL » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 am

Oh man, where do I begin?

I would certainly like to fight in a very thick jungle, although I wouldn't like to do it in real life, because the amount of poisonous creepy crawlies and animals like tigers, would make it rather dangerous. This is where virtual reality would really come in handy.

Many video games have cool fighting grounds, like many of the multiplayer "maps" (I have no idea why they call them "Maps". I think the terms "Level" or "Zone" are more appropriate.) in CoD 4 and Modern Warfare 2, as well as pretty much every single area in Uncharted.

Pretty much any type of a maze (Like corn mazes, hedge mazes, etc.) would make awesome battlegrounds as well.

An old abandoned factory of some type would be cool, although there may be the risk of the roof caving in, and sharp objects like rusty nails, broken glass, etc.

Battling on a slowly sinking ship would be beyond epic, but it would have to be in a virtual reality environment.

The Roman colosseum would also be pretty cool to have a battle in.

That's about all I can think of now.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:36 pm

I haven't had a water war in the woods before but I've played airsoft and most woods lack solid cover (not to mention space to dodge) so I highly doubt I'd enjoy any battles in those environments. Instead, I'd like to try water wars on areas intended for paintball (except woodsball and speedball areas), but many paintball fields' cover may be spaced too sparsely for water warfare. Laser tag arenas could be interesting too.

But to be honest, all I REALLY want is to be able to have a water war in more places without having to worry about stupid people or police to bother us. The area where I live isn't exactly friendly to toy guns nor anything that resembles them. (Hence why me and my brother always have to go an hour's worth of driving to play airsoft.) I'd rather have improved dodging ability and speed than to have an opportunity to fight on a battleground that I'm probably not good enough to play on. A jetpack would be nice too. Looks like I've been playing too much Halo Reach already. (Halo Reach has an ability for the Elites that allows you to roll/dodge and that ability is PERFECT for water wars.)

Earlier I contemplated on creating a water warfare FPS game. I'm still not sure how that'll go nor how feasible it is (it's mostly dependent on some friends I know because I don't have the time nor ability to learn the Unreal Development Kit well enough to build anything and that's the easiest tool to use that I know of) but a lot of dream battleground ideas can potentially go in if it can ever happen.

Come to think of it, indoor areas to have a water war (i.e. offices, schools, and laser tag arenas as I said earlier) would be pretty interesting. Water warfare has always been a close quarters combat game; not quite within melee combat range but very close. Indoor areas capitalize on this and would probably make for some VERY intense games. No longer are you out in the open dodging streams; you're at close quarters and better well hold onto that little piece of cover you have.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:07 am

For me, I'd really love to have a war in a room filled with office cubicles. Perhaps that's in part due to the fact that I work in a cubicle at the moment :goofy:, but as C-A_99 has noted, most water war engagements happen at closer ranges, thus having lots of hiding spots/cover would make for a much more exciting war. I'd also love a war in a corn maze, but sometimes those things scare me. *heh*

As for mazes, a water fight in a mirror maze would be cool and freaky at the same time. "Are you shooting the enemy or just their reflection?" :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Last saturday, I went on a ride a a fair called Gravitron. It's probably one of the most awesome rides I've ridden. A battle in it might be interesting because of the confusing gravity that could change the water's direction. But that's pretty unlikely because it would have to be privately owned and the water might damage it.

A mirror maze would also be awesome.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 pm

iSoaker, I'd like to war in indoor environments too and I think cubicles could actually work for that. (Though the IT department would not be too happy about it so they stick to Nerf wars lol.) A mirror maze, over time, would be elss interesting after water collects on the mirrors and glass and people are able to recognize them.

For amusement rides, I was thinking more along the lines of the Round Up, though it would be a bit unsafe since riders experience close to weightlessness when the wheel goes up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_up_% ... nt_ride%29 I doubt water would damage rides too heavily considering many of them are capable of running in the rain. (Like automobiles.) Its immersion that would damage them.

The main twist to indoor environments is that you can't simply shoot over someone behind good cover and hope for some raindrops to get them because of the ceiling. Them again, maybe you can. You can richochet shots off of the ceiling so they drip onto targets below cover.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:17 am

Hm, my place is not that crazy, but it is also not that usual :)

There are lots of water war-types, and each kind of game got its rules. This is sometimes difficult to control. If you play a Shoot-down, where player wins, who is not wet, often will remain the problem that people may not identy themselves as "shooten" and out of game.

Therefore my suggestion for a water warfare: Just go out in winter, where lots of snow is everywhere :) Give the teams time to build up they own safety-castle out of snow and then, play the shoot down game. You can play this just everywhere, because snow-walls could be built up whereever you like :). So, lots of places to hid, may difficult environmental circumstances(snowing, wind...) and all gunners covered with big, fat jackets, unable to run quickly...hahaha it would be great, I think. Then you just add some walky-talkies and let the fun begin ;D. And there is another big advantage! : A gunner, who is hit, will immediately or maximum after some minutes leave the field because it will be very cold in wet clothes :D. So the shoot-down will played within the rules and only the quickest and most strategical teams win :D

I have not tried this yet, but I would immediately join such a warfare in winter...

You may have a problem with refilling/where to get the water from but I am sure there can be found a solution^^

Let's soak, xD