Usual Battle Grounds - Where do you soak?

Recommended places across the globe to hold a water war / water fight.

Preferred Battle Grounds - Where do you soak?

Open grass/field
No votes
Sparce Trees
7%
Forest
36%
Jungle
No votes
Beach / Sand
No votes
Urban (asphalt/concrete)
14%
Mixed (Urban + Nature)
36%
Poolside
No votes
River / Lake / Ocean
No votes
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 14

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:05 pm

A fairly straightforward question: what type of environment do you hold the majority of your water fights? While most are probably limited by what is available in their area, this poll is meant to see where typical members are doing their battles, not necessarily where they would want to do their battles if all terrains were available to choose from locally.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 pm

House to house, base to base soaking, sometimes CTF, sometimes 1HK elimination. However, I wouldn't mind fighting somewhere else, but this is all we really soak at right now.

Base Alpha is used by ASS (Aquatic aSsault Squad), while team Ultima is the other team using base Beta.

Neither a forest nor a completely open environment, though of course, it also has elements of other fields. (some trees are actually a bit dense, and of course, there's pavement around)

Edit: Could someone switch my vote to mixed (urban + nature)? I didn't seem to study the poll options very well and had trouble finding an option to vote for.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1186539042
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:02 pm

Most of vermont is forest, so thats the only place I've ever really fought in.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

XP270

Post by XP270 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:14 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Base Alpha is used by ASS
Lol :goofy:
Retired Leader of the Moubis Militia

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Primary terrain was urban - between houses. We'd go to a park for playground equipment or into the woods for wars if we felt like doing something special. But neighborhood fighting was was what we did the most of.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Mixed. Houses and yards, mixed in with a park. So there are trees to hide behind, open areas, fences to hop, buildings to climb, and so on. Makes for good fighting.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:04 am

Interesting, though I suppose not totally surprising poll results so far. Basically, seems like most like to battle where there are at least some spots that offer natural/man-made cover. Being a water fight, battling around pools is not needed since, I presume, members are used to carrying blasters and refilling when needed. Also, seems like no one on the board lives in the jungle. :goofy: A jungle water fight could be pretty intense, though I'd be more worried about what else is in the jungle as opposed to my opponents. :oo:

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:17 am

I normally fight in urban, as most should know. Noticed not many players fight in multi-storey urban complexes. It's also interesting how different styles of fighting and tech development evolved in different environments, maybe I'll write my take on that some time.

Although I haven't fought in complete jungle before, the closest was a scattered tree type terrain surrounded by jungle. We've gone hiking through full jungle before, and I doubt it would be a very nice place to have a water fight. Assuming your jungle is big, you could get lost, attacked by snakes, insects and if you stumble into a swamp, crocodiles. General atmosphere isn't good either, mosquitoes, humidity, snagging undergrowth and things with many more legs than you. We've also managed to get into low-level army training areas by bashing through jungle, and found some empty M16 and GPMG rounds on the ground.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:53 pm

I fight in my yard. It's kinda large compared to some other people's yards, but not huge. I'll have to get some pictures. It's partly open ground, with some scattered trees, some gardens, a huge lilac bush(I swear, the thing is titanic!), some smaller trees grouped together on 1 side, a ditch at the other side, an old stone wall behind the ditch, and the house sort of in the middle, but closer to the road.

I really need to get some pictures.
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:54 am

Pictures of battle grounds (so long as the images don't give away too much about one's personal location) would be great to see for those willing and able to share them!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:48 pm

I fight in a mixed area. I used to have pics of it on soakermedia, but I can't find them now.

P.S-I just got back from a week long summer camp, so that's why I haven't been posted.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...