SS XP55

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
H₂O

SS XP55

Post by H₂O » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:29 pm

Hey folks.

I have a SS XP55 with a bad bottle. The threaded portion is broken off. I thought about gluing the bottle in place permanently, but I'm not gonna bother.

I bought this gun long ago to try to run off squirrels that won't leave my pecan trees alone. I only used it a few times and used it gently, so I was rather surprised when the bottle cracked. It seems to be a poor design that can't handle the pressurization, or maybe I just got a lemon (imperfect mold?).

I just checked and the pump still works apparently — pressure built up instantly when I put a finger over the outlet, so the valve internals seem to be good.

Is it worthwhile trying to sell this here or on eBay? Does anyone care about this particular model anymore for parts value, or should I just go ahead and dump the components into the plastics recycle bin?

SSCBen

Re: SS XP55

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi, welcome to WWN! I don't think the XP 55 has any particular value, so I think recycling is justified. Though perhaps someone here would want it? Wait a few days to see.

H₂O

Re: SS XP55

Post by H₂O » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:55 am

Ok. I saw some working units on the Bay for around $30, so didn't know whether it had spare parts value. It's going to the recycle truck on the 28th if nobody wants it.