End of Season Sales

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

End of Season Sales

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:47 am

When are end of season sales in your area? What big purchases have you been able to make?

I can think of a few. The best ever was on my way back to XN's Dominator War in VA at the end of August. All soakers were 50-75% off. Toys R Us was selling Monster XLs for $12. It's a shame I didn't have more money. I think I bought a Stone Cold for $4. It was originally $18, so it was a good deal, but I seriously could have cleaned house if I had the amount of disposable income that I currently have.

I was just thinking that it's kind of odd that soakers often hit the markets in February when it's still cold and yet disappear from shelves by the end of August just after the peak of summer heat. I've heard that most soakers are sold by the beginning of June before summer even officially begins. I guess consumers just purchase things ahead of time and are always looking forward to the next season (ala Christmas store decorations in October).

Last night I went to Big Lots and they were having a 90% off sale of all waterguns. I picked up a plethora of nerf super soakers to resell NIB or to paint steampunk and resell when I have the time. I also picked up 200 waterballoons for 20 cents. If I am able to sell all of this it will have been a great buy.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Re: End of Season Sales

Post by DX » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:46 am

it's kind of odd that soakers often hit the markets in February when it's still cold and yet disappear from shelves by the end of August just after the peak of summer heat.
^ This. Water guns were available on store shelves during the coldest February in Connecticut history going back to the 1800s, but aren't available during 94 degrees / record heat in September. I don't know about you guys, but -29 degrees and 3 ft of snow on the ground really puts me in the mood to go buy new soakers, *if* I can even get out of my own driveway.

Savers switched to Halloween mode in August, and they'll go to Christmas mode before Halloween hits. I wish I could check Big Lots, but the nearest one is in New Milford, kind of a long drive for a bunch of NSS.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Well, unless walmart starts clearing out Water Warriors Overlords, I probably wouldn't buy anything. Sales in Canada have nothing on sales in the US anyways though. Back when I was really into Nerf, I got some great 50-80% off deals at Target.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 am

I just picked up a Floodfire for $9 at wal mart. THinking about getting the last 2. Then reviewing 1 and selling all 3 NIB on ebay next spring.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.