Help Please - Need soakers

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
D.J.898

Post by D.J.898 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:15 pm

I was wondering what me and my friends should get for a water war we are going to have in the summer. I don't want to spend too much money or go through ebay so what should get. All together we are 8 people.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forums, D.J.898!

It really depends on your budget, time, and power desire (as well as what you can find locally). When it comes to good blsaters-per-dollar, the Water Warriors line from Buzz Bee Toys is quite good; the Tiger Shark and Orca perform quite well (though the Orca can be a little noisy). From Hasbro, the Aquashock Arctic Blast is probably a good soaker, but I haven't had a chance to test it, myself. There's also the Hydro Blitz, but that's on the pricier side and has some issues when it comes to its balance and general ease of use.

Of course, if you give us a better idea of your needs and desires, we can tailor our suggestions to better match them.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:46 pm

I would not recommend any of the 2007 soakers. Go for the Buzz Bee Toy's guns for now, though Max-D's and Flash Floods do fairly well. The Arctic Blast is nothing but a weaker FF from what I've heard, and from what I've seen, the main stream nozzle is even dinkier than the FF's. (whichever you get, a nozzle modification would work well) The FF serves well as a light CPS sidearm and close-range shotgun (though I imagine it works better if you make nozzles for it or at least do the nozzle drill on the small nozzle), and feels smaller than the AB. Plus neither gun is worth $20 (which is where the AB is priced), use the $20 on the Orca, or $15 on the Tiger Shark if you'd prefer something lighter with similar power.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Definitely get an Orca or Tiger Shark. The blasters are well worth the money, and they should have decent availability.

10rleave

Post by 10rleave » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:19 am

I would try and get a Flash Flood. I got mine for £10 and it is well worth the money. Apparently Buzz Bee Toys have made the new 'Orca' and 'Tigershark' guns, which are meant to be quite good. (But the Orca makes irritating whale noises...). I don't know which is the bigger and the better out of these two new BBTs though.

I wouldn't go for the 'Artic Shock' blaster... The power is pretty meagre. If you want to chill your water then just put ice cubes in your reservoir! :laugh:
I desperately need CPS guns... please help me!!!