WTS: CPS 1000 and 1200, along with others. Lack repairs.

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Consul Bob

WTS: CPS 1000 and 1200, along with others. Lack repairs.

Post by Consul Bob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 am

Have a CPS 1000, CPS 1200, Max-D 3000, and XP 215, that I'd like to put up for sale.

To put it frankly, they've all seen better days. I wasn't as careful in their maintenance as I should have been, and it shows -- kids, take all those warnings about Soaker care seriously, because those people aren't just making up stories.

The CPS 1000 is in the worst shape out of all of them; pumping the blaster releases a very short-range, albeit still fairly powerful, spurt of water. Pulling the trigger has no effect. I know that some of y'all can work wonders with gun upgrades, repairs and modifications, so I'm hoping some TLC can get it back up to par.

The 3000 also functions as a pump-action blaster now, but, when pumped vigorously enough, seems to put out decent performance. I don't know about range (I tested it in the bathtub), but the stream seemed to me to be about as solid as it's always been.

The CPS 1200 is kind of tricky to diagnose. When I first primed it, it seemed to fire when pumping, but after a little further testing it seemed to work fine. When it worked, it seemed to work about as well as I remember it doing when I first got it. If the latter series of testing is the real state of the blaster, I guess it could probably still dominate a battle with weaker (read: modern ;-)) guns.

The 215 is probably in the best shape of the lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it suffered the same fire-when-pumped problems as the others, and I remember it doing so in the past, but it seemed to work as intended for this last round of testing, so I'm not sure.

I used to be an avid Soaker fan, but a lack of people to play with and time wore down my ability to pursue that interest. Now, I want to get these guns out before they've become completely useless. If I ever get the chance to get back into the hobby someday, I'll get less valuable and more robust guns to do it with so I won't have to worry about the upkeep aspect.

I only recommend this to someone that knows what they're doing with gun repair and could try to restore the broken guns to working condition. These weapons really deserve a better fate than the trash bin, and since there's two classic CPSs in the mix, I figured someone might be interested. I want to get this thing settled once and for all, so I'm only interested in selling them as a package deal -- all or nothing. I'd like to start at $25 for the works; that said, I understand there's a whole lot of "if"s and "maybe"s coming off of this set of guns, so I'm definitely open to negotiating that down. Y'all would have to cover shipping. I live near Dallas, TX.

Here's a picture of the set. I intend to get a video of them firing up before too long; that should provide you with more information as to what they're capable of.

(Uploaded by ImageShack.us, one of my preferred image hosting providers.)

Thanks for your time. Send a message or drop a post by if you're interested and maybe we can see about working out a deal.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: WTS: CPS 1000 and 1200, along with others. Lack repairs.

Post by Fishfan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm

So the 1000 pump-shoots? That is the only one I'd be interested in, I'm not really interested in the air pressure guns, and I am going to get a 1200 soon (A working one).

Consul Bob

Post by Consul Bob » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 pm

That's correct.

As far as the 1200 goes, I wouldn't write it off as broken just yet; like I said, the last set of tests I did looked promising.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Groan. Had you been on here about two months ago, I would shake your hand (figuratively speaking) and say "Sold!"... well, with cheap shipping. ;)
Does the CPS 1000 have a cap? I think I see it in the picture, but...
How do the screws (on the CPS 1000, specifically) look? Are they whitish or mostly rusted?
And is there a CPS 1000 sticker on the other side?

I can't take these at the moment, but if someone else doesn't buy them soon, I'l be around.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:50 pm

^^If it meets the specs above, $10(is it worth that Duxburian?) plus shipping for the CPS 1000, and how much would shipping be to Florida?

Consul Bob

Post by Consul Bob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm

The 1000 does have a cap, you just can't see it very well in the picture (I think, if you look really carefully, you can see it right behind the strap connector).

I'm no expert, but the screws look whitish and fine to me -- where there isn't dirt and grime blocking my view, anyway. (I hate to admit it, but as of a few months ago, their storage conditions haven't been the best. I've done the most recent testing after they've been in that state, though, so I'm confident it didn't hurt them more than they were already.) After I finish cleaning it, though, I expect it'll be fine.

The stickers are good (both the CPS 1000 sticker on the tank and the Super Soaker one on the gun).

Also, some things that I have that aren't in the picture: I found the CPS 1200 strap, which I'd erroneously assumed to be missing, right in the spot I'd taken the guns from. Also, I have both the original boxes for the CPS 1000 and the 1200. They probably aren't in perfect collector's condition, but they're intact and legible. If whoever ends up getting these guns wants them, I'll be happy to send the box with the gun.

@Fishfan: I'm afraid I'm going to have to get back to you on the shipping rate -- while I look into that, though (which shouldn't take too long, no longer than tonight), you sure you aren't interested in taking the others too? You can never have too many CPS 1200s. ;-)

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Damn. These are nice guns. And you still have teh boxes. I wish I had teh boxes for my super soakers... at least the nice ones.
Just because they are broken doesn't make them any less nice. Of course if the cap on the CPS 1000 is glued on... then I'm glad I don't have it! XD
I have guns like the 1200. It seems if you leave them for a few months they will pump shoot for a little while, then work fine once they have got some water pressure going through them. Chances are, the spring is a little weak, but nothing wrong.

Actually, I honestly think you should sell these on ebay. Nobody really wants the Max-D3000 or the XP215, stick them in a trash can or give them away. However, if you put the CPS 1000 and 1200 on ebay, with their straps and the stickers showing in the display picture, (plus the boxes!!!!), I think you could rake in a lot more than 25$. They actually look pretty nice IMO. Of course you might not get as much now as you would in the summer. But hey, it's up to you.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.