Flash Flood - Issues before buying

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:16 pm

@Rook- You can probably find a blazer in a Wal-Mart OR a K-Mart (if you live in the US). I saw lots of blazers at a K-Mart while I was in the states (Lancaster, PA to be exact). Woot 8 hour car ride (if you go non stop)!

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:18 pm

Light and powerful beats heavy and weak, if you ask me...
Overdramatization, I know. Then again, from my experience, the blazer isn't as good as a flash flood.
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:51 pm

forestfighter7 wrote:Sometimes Toys r us has Blazers...
thats where I found mine much cheaper than amazon

Croc

Post by Croc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:00 am

kylemw9 wrote:thats where I found mine much cheaper than amazon
No matter what, you will end up getting things cheaper in a store, than online. If you go to Toys R Us, you will not pay as much for say, a Hydra Pak as you would for the same thing on Amazon.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:03 pm

Toys r us and Amazon are encorparated on the web.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Rook wrote:I was thinking about buying a Flash Flood, I've heard good things about it, but I've also heard that it breaks down a lot. I was wondering if this is always the case, or just a frequently occuring issue. Also, I was wondering if it was just a result of mistreatment and misuse, and if it can be easily fixed.
No, It doesn't break very often, mine, and other people's never have had a problem unless they try to mod it.
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:39 pm

No matter what, you will end up getting things cheaper in a store, than online. If you go to Toys R Us, you will not pay as much for say, a Hydra Pak as you would for the same thing on Amazon.

Not to be nit-picky, but months of SAT prep taught me to shred [almost all] absolute statements. You can get guns cheaper online than in stores. You just need logic, luck, and patience. The odds say that out of hundreds of online water gun auctions, at least a few are going to go for cheap, regardless of condition. Those are the types of auctions to key in on. Obscure keywords at obscure hours of the day can yield up big treasures.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Scratch everything I said, My FF is broken *cries* :blues: I'm hiding my tears behind these blues brother shades *snif*
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:17 pm

Lol, see? They are crappy quality, and when they do work, they are still weak. Mine broke, and I fixed it with parts of one I found in a neighbor's garage sale that was also broken. :p

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Unless someone is always trying a gamble, the 2005 Flash Flood reports should indicate what one can expect of the 2006 Flash Floods. And it also might will indicate what next year's super soakers will bring.

On a sidenote, have I mentioned that my very used SS50 still shoots after 17 years?

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:38 pm

Don't forget that it makes companies(Hasbro, GM, Lockheed, EDS, etc.) more money if you have to go back and buy something again or the parts to make them are of less quality than they used to be(lowest bidder). Examples: CPS 4100 Mk1 compared to the Mk 2, which I have but don't use it very hard because you can tell that the trigger and valve don't work very well together. BTW, I think that Hasbro must of decided to spend a little more money on the '06 triggers/valves. They *seem* to be alittle more stout than the '05s...but only time will tell. Good luck, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Parker

Post by Parker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:29 pm

Dont buy this gun,
mine broke in a day, the flash flood device broke, which in turn, every time i pump it, the water comes out in a dribble out of the 'all powerful' flash flood hole! (ps im new to this so im not too technical!)

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:12 am

ZOCCOZ wrote:Unless someone is always trying a gamble, the 2005 Flash Flood reports should indicate what one can expect of the 2006 Flash Floods. And it also might will indicate what next year's super soakers will bring.

On a sidenote, have I mentioned that my very used SS50 still shoots after 17 years?
Well, I was rafting on the Truckee river a few days ago while I was in Tahoe, and I saw these people who had a pair of SS50's in their raft. They appeared to be in mint condition. And yeah, they must be 17 years old. :p

I was very suprised.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:29 am

although the shell of the 50's weren't the most durable things, the internals held up well as long as you treated it nice with clean water and such. I always remember the pump to feel like it was going to break as well as the bottle holder loop thing on top. sadly on one of mine the top loop thing did break and i can't remember if I still have my other 50 or not. I'll have to look.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

General Matt

Post by General Matt » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 pm

i Like the flash flood i own both a 2006 model and a 2005 one i prefer this years model because of the aquapack you just have to remember to unscrew it when the pack is emety or it will suck ur tank in. as the FF part trigger problems a little lub works great on the ball valve. all kids on my block have one (thats what they attempt to fight me with) they always come to me when thier guns break down but out of about 10 FF we have never had any major problems.
Forever # 1

101-1151178704

Post by 101-1151178704 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:05 pm

well personally i think FF 06 is way better (i own both models) and my 05 broke after 2 weeks was it? not even. buy an 06 believe me
and btw anyone ever thought of FF as sniping weapon (like i mean mines got 47ft range, and u wont have to lug around a backup blaster , if anyone gets too close , just use the flash flood nozzle!!otherwise if they chase you just snipe them with the normal nozzle ) and its very comfortable to hold especially when you're running

arent i smart???? lolz0rz (im only 11 )

im a nerd..........

:oo:

Parker

Post by Parker » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am

Well, ive got a new one, and this one seems even more powerfull. Extra recoil on the flash flood trigger device thing

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:05 am

elite_soaker wrote:well personally i think FF 06 is way better (i own both models) and my 05 broke after 2 weeks was it? not even. buy an 06 believe me
and btw anyone ever thought of FF as sniping weapon (like i mean mines got 47ft range, and u wont have to lug around a backup blaster , if anyone gets too close , just use the flash flood nozzle!!otherwise if they chase you just snipe them with the normal nozzle ) and its very comfortable to hold especially when you're running

arent i smart???? lolz0rz (im only 11 )

im a nerd..........

:oo:

Nerds never realy knew much about practical stuff I guess, like being aware that peoples are not naive enough to think that the Flash flood shooting 47 feet?

although the shell of the 50's weren't the most durable things, the internals held up well as long as you treated it nice with clean water and such. I always remember the pump to feel like it was going to break as well as the bottle holder loop thing on top. sadly on one of mine the top loop thing did break and i can't remember if I still have my other 50 or not. I'll have to look.

My very first SS50 got a crack in the barrel after heavy play. Yet it still shot. Thats the beauty about classics. With good care they can last extremly long. And in their time, they were state of the art. Contemporary soakers don't have that internal durability, and they certainly are not state of the art. It makes a difference psycologicaly if you just bought a soaker and know that this is the best and most powerfull soaker build up to date. Thats how it was to buy a classic back then. New users are very unlikly to say that ever again unless they don't know about what was sold before.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1151745254

Striker

Post by Striker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:12 pm

No they aren't, at least not anymore. They split up after amazon started selling toys, violating TRU's agreement with amazon to never enter the toy business. Visit amazon and search for any toy now. it wont say TRU on the top banner anymore.

Edited By Striker on 1154117581

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:51 pm

Toysrus & amazon are basically the same one the web becuase they have the same site if u type in toyrus.com it goes to a site on amazon:angry: