Flash Flood - Issues before buying

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Okay, I'm completely new at this. I'm a n00b when it comes to Super Soakers, so please excuse me.

I was thinking about buying a Flash Flood, I've heard good things about it, but I've also heard that it breaks down a lot. I was wondering if this is always the case, or just a frequently occuring issue. Also, I was wondering if it was just a result of mistreatment and misuse, and if it can be easily fixed.

Thanks for the help.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:59 pm

I suggest that you buy either a FF (Flash Flood) or a water warriors Blazer. most say that the Blazer is a better gun and it breaks less frequently.

Welcome to Isoaker Forums :)

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1150001994
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:24 am

Thread moved to 'The Armoury'. Just fits better.

As for the Flash Flood, I'm not sure about the 2006 models. The 2005 model I have had a common problem found by many others, namely Max-D trigger pulling problems. While repairable, it is annoying to have to deal with in the first place. It's hard to know what causes the triggers to fail, but they should be a little more durable than what they were subject to.

Then again, there are many Flash Flood users out there who've never had a trigger problem. Potential trigger issues aside, the blaster is great for what it is: smaller soaker with built-in 'riot blast' capability.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks. I think I'll get it. Besides, on Amazon it comes with a tree 50 oz. Aquapack.

I haven't seen a Blazer anywhere, but I'll keep an eye on eBay.

:soakon2:
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:37 am

Sometimes Toys r us has Blazers... As my friend urbanfighter7 found out, the springs on the FF get really messed up and you have to re-hook them. Ive heard that its really annoying. The same thing happend to an arctic-shock.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:26 am

yeah my FF:STE trigger just broke and i have to repair it, but im planning on getting a Max-i and preforming the works on the inside. it may not be the most durable soaker but it sure is fun.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:40 am

Dacca, Whats a Max i?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:45 am

@Stencil: I think Dacca is referring to the Max-Infusion (MI) version of the Flash Flood as opposed to the original Soaker-Tag Elite (STE) Flash Flood.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:18 pm

thats exactly right isoaker. the STE was the first model while the max-infusion is the current model
more reliable then a max-D trigger

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:14 pm

Yep, so does anyone know if they're different? I might buy a MI FF and duel wield them :angry: :D With modded straps of course (this doesn't mean they come with straps, it tying a shoe string around a FF to make a strap :p )
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:41 pm

The MI version has the aquapack hookup. Other than that, there might be a few paper differences in power or stream spread, but in battle, they are basically the same.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Thanks dux, I still think I'll get one though (ug, everytime I think FF I think oozinator for some reason, I'm still talking about 2 FF's though I think it's because both are similar, but instead of a riot blast the oozinator has ooze *shudders*)
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:30 pm

Ooozinator. Worst decision made since they dicontinued the CPS guns. :p

So does anyone know for sure if the trigger problem is fixed or not?

Edited By Rook on 1150083805

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 pm

Im sorry... I did not mean to post. I dint see the rest of your post rook... :D

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1150084093

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:45 pm

The main problem behind Max-D triggers is that the ball valve inside loses lubrication, and therefore the spring just isn't powerful enough to pull it closed anymore. I have found that spraying silicon spray down the nozzle onto the valve fixes this problem, however it might only works on guns that can be de-nozzled due to the larger opening for the spray to get through. I haven't tried it on something like the Flash Flood, however it could work.

Edited By sbell25 on 1150087597

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:21 am

The issue with the Max-D triggers is that the lubrication as mentioned by sbell25 not only disappears with prolonged use, but also as a result of heat. I left a Triple Shot in a reasonably warm room once, at the next time I used it the valve wouldn't close properly anymore, making the gun useless. It is therefore highly inadvisable to leave any Max-D gun lying around in the sun. The concept behind Max-D is quite interesting, but the execution is too fragile (as a result of cost cutting or design) and complex (repairing one takes a lot of effort) :oo:.
People get to observe me once, right before they are hit by twin water beams...

Don't believe me..? Look behind you...

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:46 am

I got a FF, but I ended up returning it. :goofy: The 2006 FF trigger feels really strong.

But don't get an Aquapack, unless you want trouble. I bought an Aquapack with my FF, and the Aquapack caused the FF's main tank to suck in, because it created a vacuum, reducing its water capacity to 2/3 the orginal amount. And the tank didn't go back to it's original size when I removed the Aquapack! Later, I read on the box that you have to loosen the FF cap when attaching the Aquapack. But who is going to read the instructions on the box, or even if they do read the instructions, going to remember to loosen the cap every time they use the Aquapack?

I reurned the FF and Aquapack, and won a good ol' CPS 1000 off eBay for the same amount the FF and Aquapack cost me. A much better buy! :cps1000:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 pm

I actually prefer the Flash Flood over the Blazer now, the triggers and valves on it feel good and its just more fun if you ask me.

What gets me is that people complain at the durability of the Flash Flood trigger, although in my experience, the Blazer is just as bad and worse if you ask me! The trigger valve on my Blazer and perhaps others is VERY weak, and mine sticks open now, it also happens with the Krypton too, and that's after not being used much! So, in terms of trigger reliability, I have to say that the Flash Flood wins there. I also have used my Flash Flood more than my Blazer, and nothing has gone wrong, but on the Blazer the trigger has got worn very quickly, it just shows that quality these days on most blasters today has dropped way down compared to 2002 and below (even though that's obvious).

While the new Super Soakers may not produce as much flexibility as the Water Warriors guns, I have to say that from experiences of using them Super Soakers now I personally think are still more robust than Water Warriors, and are more reliable, and can take more use.

Anyway, off topic, I'd go with the Flash Flood, sooner or later you'll have to fix the trigger(s), although mine are lasting pretty well at the moment.

If I were you though, I wouldn't get an Aqua Pack with it either, I find it too awkward to use, the designers should have really made it so it can go on your back.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:16 pm

I agree with Wild boys.

The FF has better power.

The Blazer's stream has no power, even if it shoots far.
It's kinda like a long range dribble.

FF all the way.
Also mods are easy for it.

Winner> :flashflood: :blazer: <Loser

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:05 pm

I think that its all a matter of your battle style. If you like a light powerful gun with a riot blast, get the FF. I f you like a medium sized gun with good range and alot of nozzles then get the Blazer.