Want to Buy Water Backpack for CPS 3200

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
stuntman007

Want to Buy Water Backpack for CPS 3200

Post by stuntman007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey guys,

Just picked up a CPS 3200 at a yard sale but it didn't come with a water backpack so looking for one on here. I'm not quite sure how much to pay for one but just offer. What I was thinking was that if someones gun broke they would have a spare backpack lying around I could pick up for 10-20 bucks. Thanks email me at alexbigs1@gmail.com for fastest reply.

I'm a brand spanking new member so what I was thinking is that we could just use paypal. Thanks

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Want to Buy Water Backpack for CPS 3200

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 pm

You are highly unlikely to get a backpack from anyone on here. Not because we don't want to help out, but because people know how to take care of their guns and make them last. My suggestion to you is to come up with your own backpack.
http://www.dukesoakem.com/cps3200lite.html is a good mod, but since I doubt you have the original hose you're going to have to make that part for yourself.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Here is another great way to make a backpack:
http://www.sscentral.org/mods/backpack.html

I'm afriad that 3200s, like most CPS guns, are fairly difficult to come by at a good price, leading most of them to be repaired as opposed to being sold for parts.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

marauder4 wrote:You are highly unlikely to get a backpack from anyone on here. Not because we don't want to help out, but because people know how to take care of their guns and make them last. My suggestion to you is to come up with your own backpack.
http://www.dukesoakem.com/cps3200lite.html is a good mod, but since I doubt you have the original hose you're going to have to make that part for yourself.
I have to say that it's easier to find an old camel back too dirty to drink out of anymore, or a solar shower. In any case, you will have to find out what tubing is in the 3200 and how to connect it over. Here's some tips though: tubing is flexible and you may be able to stack them as shown here: http://forums.sscentral.org/showthread.php?t=5754

Be aware that stacked tubes leak more easily so you'll need to push them in quite far for a chance to work better. You're best off using barbs that fit over the tubes. Water balloon nozzles also work too. You also don't need to use any clamps since there is no pressure in the area; it just needs to seal tightly.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm

I saw a CPS 3200 backpack in someone's front yard the other day. :oo:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

I am rather new to the CPS 3200 (Bought it this morning) and got it for a dollar, I know great deal, I am a nerf modder but am not sure if I could carry over that experience into water guns. I don't think that I will keep it as I am broke and its pretty cold where I am so I was wondering what I could get in Financial value for it without the backpack and if I did have the backpack.

And again I want to thank you guys for the quick responses, I just don't know if it is worth my time to go searching at home depot and ace for the tubing and to get this extra backpack.

Just to clarify it is in perfect, non-leaking, working order with very minimal wear on it. Is it worth my time and also would like to know if anyone here would fix up the backpack for me and for how much thanks.

Martinshark: Wanna hook me up with it?

DX

Post by DX » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Average sale price on Ebay for a 3200 so far in 2012 is $92.00, with a high of $100.00 and low of $81.00. A 3000 (identical model except in color and backpack) without a backpack failed to sell for $29.99. Without a backpack, you'll have a tough time finding anyone interested in buying it. Spare, stock backpacks are extremely rare, I've never heard of anyone having just the backpack and not the gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Though I'm sure there are those here who would be glad to buy it for a decent price, without the backpack…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 pm

So you guys do recomend rigging it up with a different bakcpack, like a 3 liter cloth one i saw earlier in the thread and finding a way to find a tube that works for it? atvan by any chance would you want or know guys that would want it without it haha, let me know how much you'd be willing to pay. And as i stated earlier would anybody put together a backpack for me if I paid for supplies, shipping, and 10 bucks just for doing it? I would also liketo know where you guys think I could find the tubing. DX thanks for the info, what do you think I should do? Thanks for the responses

Oh and to clarify a bit I don't have the tubing so that is a major problem

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Most people on this forum probably already have a homemade backpack, which would likely only take a few minutes and a trip to the store to rig up. If you want to sell it here, post a thread in the marketplace.

Most of the tubing and fittings can be found at Lowes or Home Depot, or alternatively http://www.mcmaster.com/
However, these are limited to the US.
Beware the Purple

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:04 am

Yes I am in the U.S. so no problems there. I will post a thread in the marketplace forum looking to see how much they would give me with an aftermarket backpack and will head to home depot and walmart to pick up tubing, fittings, and a waterpack. Thanks for all the help guys I really needed it. I am an avid nerfer and paintballer but I might just have to look into water wars. Thanks

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:26 am

If you want to participate in water fights, keep that gun!
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:05 am

Yah but I just don't know, I mean I got it for a dollar I could make some serious bank by selling it, plus i don't know anyone who does water wars in san diego. I'm missing the backpack so it renders the gun pretty much useless for any practicable use. Sure its fun to let off a fat stream for 5 seconds and feel the recoil from a water gun(who knew) but I'd need a backpack to make it work well. :(

I'm on Mc-master right now, what tubing should I specifically get and what diamater and such. What other things would I need to connect a waterbackpack to the 3200

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 am

I love how confusing it is that nobody in San Diego or Miami seems to be into water warfare, yet we have oodles of members from New England and Canada.... never understood that.

Selling it with a home made backpack is most likely not going to fetch you $92. Why? Because without the original backpack it's not collector worthy. Also, unless you are using the solar shower (woah heavy) home made backpack, you're also packing less water. I could be wrong, but I would guess you could probably sell it for around $50.

Making the backpack itself is not difficult. I ordered 2 4L hydration bladders so that I can make backpacks for my Pool Pumper Blaster and my Hydrocannon when I get home. There are numerous links on here to how to make a home made backpack. First, make the backpack. Once you have the backpack and the tubing then you just have to figure out how to connect it to the gun and you'll probably need to fiddle around with it and the backpack in hand to come up with a solution.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 am

Ok, I don't mind packing a bit less water because I have heard that the original backpack is very uncomfortable and too heavy, I'd probably get a 4 l one as well and just hook it up. I think that considering I got it for 1 dollar I could live with selling it for 50 :D, Where can I order the hydration bladders and what tubingh should I order?

I kinda wish there was more water wars here but sadly it's not meant to be. If it's super fun just shooting the 3200 i can't imagine how much fun i'd have in battle....

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:11 am

http://hydrowar.com/video.html Take a few minutes and browse some of our videos, they are short but full of action.

3 Liter hydration packs are the norm, and 2 Liter hydration packs are common as well. 3 Liters on your back isn't really all that much, especially when it's in a comfortable cloth backpack. I feel like 4L is ideal, you'll hold as much water as a CPS 2700 but the weight will be on your back. Unfortunately, there is only 1 4L hydration pack for sale - I've looked everywhere - and it's kinda expensive at $22.

Your other option for more capacity, is actually probably your cheapest option, a 5 gallon solar backpack for around $7. See the mod at SSC. If you are looking to add a backpack and sell it, this is your best option, you can pick these up anywhere that sells camping gear. I can't help you with the attachment process because I'd have to see the gun up close. Maybe someone else can, but I think your best bet is to take the gun into a home improvement store and talk to someone in the plumbing section. This project shouldn't cost you more than $12, so you should look to make a $35-$40 profit. Again, I'm just speculating.

For optimal combat performance, I think that the 4 L backpack is the best. You're not going to fill up all 5 gallons in the solar backpack, so you're going to have some extra space. I HATE extra space in a backpack, the water sloshes around and the weight shifts from side to side, it's just annoying. When I come home on leave I'm going to use 2 4L bladders to make backpacks for my PPB and my Hydro Cannon. Maybe DX and whoever else spends the night would like to help out on this project?

But yeah, if you want to build a backpack for the gun, and sell it for profit I suggest going to any store that sells camping supplies, picking up a $5-8 solar shower, and then going to your local hardware store with the 3200 to talk to someone in plumbing about how to connect the backpack. Don't worry about the hose/tubing, it already comes with one.

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks, I think that i might go with the 4l hydration pack just because I wouldn't be selling it until summer so I can mess around in my backyard with it and won't want to carry around the solar shower bag neither full or half full. I think that even if I don't make as much of a profit i'd like to know that the water gun backpack is usable easily.

Are there cheaper 3 liter packs as well because I don't like the fact taht i am paying 22$ for that.

If I sent you very detailed pics of the gun and opened it up and showed you it all do you think that you would be able to help me out on the attachment process as well.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean with it comes with tubing, the tubing though I believe was on the back pack and not attached to the gun itself. Am i totally wrong on what I percieve the tubing to be? Please let me know.
The last day I was firing in my backyard and I just sorta fell in love with the gun, thats why I don't mind putting more money into it to see how it preforms when it is complete and when it doesn't need to be dunked into a bucket to load the water haha.

Thanks for all the time you guys are giving me and for being so patient.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't get why you can't just get a solar shower and just fill it up to 1 or 2 gallons. It fits in most backpacks just fine.

Pictures would help. From what I know of, the 3200's backpack contains all the tubing and the blaster just features the connection that needs to be made. What you can do is replace that section with a hose barb (or you can use a quick connect/disconnect if you find one that works without leaking) and attach the tube to it. It is strongly advised to attach a valve (such as a ball valve) to the tube that connects to the backpack somewhere in between, so that you can stop the backpack from loosing water when its not connected to the blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

stuntman007

Post by stuntman007 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 am

I think it would be a problem because as earlier pointed out it would cause the water to shift and just hurt my balance.

See, I am kinda confused on just what I would need to buy

At this moment I know I would need tubing to connect the backpack to the gun, a ball valve for the backpack and a barb for god knows what. What type of these would I need and where could I find them. Also I am somewhat confounded on how to post pictures on here but if anybody email's me at alexbigs1@gmail.com I could send pics on there and they could possibly upload them or just to see them. I just wish they had had the backpack at the yard sale cause it would make everything so much easier.
Thanks

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 am

The solar shower, in my opinion, is inferior, for the same reason as any hard shell plastic backpack - just not as bad. The water sloshes around and messes with your balance. Furthermore, the design of the solar shower is much wider, where as a hydration pack puts the weight squarely down the middle of your back and not off to the sides. I'm not saying Ben's design is bad, I think it is good, and very good for the cost. But I'm all about streamlining my equipment, and taking out extra space/bulk. The Hydration pack is definitely a more streamlined design.

3L Hydration pack for $5

I am going to put my own straps/cloth backing on mine so that it's not in a bigger (school size backpack) shell.

These things come with their own hose/tubing. Notice the gray hose that you drink out of? You will cut off the black end piece that you suck water out of. Then, like CA99 said, you will need to find a barb or another piece to connect the hose (which you just clipped off the end piece) to the gun. Like I said before, the easiest thing for you, will be to go to your local hardware store and ask somebody. Work with them in person. They will be glad to help. Bring your hydration pack and your 3200 in your car, that way you can show them what you're working with. They will be able to tell you how to connect it quite easily.

Just by the hydration pack, cut off the black drinking piece at the end of the hose, and take your newly clipped hydration pack and 3200 to your local hardware store and talk to them about finding a piece that would connect the 2.