Flash Flood vs Vindicator vs Pulse Master

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Impending Flood

Flash Flood vs Vindicator vs Pulse Master

Post by Impending Flood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 am

Which would you prefer and why? I need to know which to buy (if you say vindicator then that will have to wait). Seeing as I once owned a pulse master, I can safely say that it is well suited to my tactics, as is my modified pulse strike. But then again, it doesn't have the capacity that I wanted (in terms of PC volume). The Flash flood is a good option but I am worried about the stream lamination of the small stream. And the vindicator- well I haven't seen one yet. They are all good blasters from my perspective so I'm leaving it up to you guys. :flashflood:
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

cantab

Re: Flash Flood vs Vindicator vs Pulse Master

Post by cantab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:43 am

Well the Flash Flood is very different to the other two. The riot blast is of course good in a soakfest, if you can get close enough to use it. (Alternatively, in my experience merely moving my hand to the flood trigger will make my opponents back off quickly!). However, the main nozzle is basically XP class - while good, it doesn't really compare with larger-output streams.

I have a Pulse Master and it is indeed powerful but with short shot time. The Vindicator would probably be better in terms of power, though the handle position makes me sceptical about its ergonomics.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 am

All blasters are solid, but as Cantab already noted, the Flash Flood is a little more different than the other two. It really depends on your preferred fighting style. Flash Flood is best for up-close engagements; it's primary straem is ok, but out-classed by the larger streams on the Vindicator and Pulse Master. The Pulse Master offer a great kick and solid power, but its shottime is particularly short. Of course, this also means you get a lot more shots per tanks, but forget about trying to lead your target into a stream or doing any major aim adjustments mid-shot. The Vindicator, if you can still get one, is a good linear-style blaster with good power and great shot time. Due to its long shape and rear-positioned handle, it does require both hands to use well, but that said, I have no other issues and do like how it feels and handles. Lots of nozzle choices and its largest stream offers both good range and power.

If it were up to me, I'd get ALL THREE! :goofy: If you forced me to choose, I'd probably opt for the Vindicator since it suits my personal fighting style the best, but what is best for YOU really depends on how you prefer to fight.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 am

From what I saw at the Community Summer war, the Vindicator was a great gun, definitely comparable to a CPS 1000/1200/2100. I love the Flash Flood, but the riot blast lacks range and the main stream lacks lamination. I've never used a Pulse Master, so I can't offer an opinion there. I'd say go with the Vindicator!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Get a 2100. Also, IMO the 2100 shouldn't really be classified with the 1000 and 1200.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm

They're pretty darn similar to me; the 2100's a little lower in capacity and strapless, but I definitely count the three as in the same class. (Though the 2100 is supposed to be annoying variable.)