Looking for a Vindicator

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Post Reply
pie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Looking for a Vindicator

Post by pie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:51 pm

I want a vindicator but can't get a hold of one is an equilizer good?

User avatar
atvan
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: A place you've never heard of

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Thia thread is almost 3 months old. Do not revive threads that are not stikied or otherwise marked for revival.

Wecome to iSoaker.net. I you want to buy a discontiued blaster, search eBay, check thrift stores, and post a new thread asking the communuty if they would be willing to sell one.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

User avatar
martianshark
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Mars, CA

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by martianshark » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 pm

atvan wrote:Thia thread is almost 3 months old. Do not revive threads that are not stikied or otherwise marked for revival
Are you a moderator or something?

The Vindicator is no longer being made. There are some Equalizers around, as well as a newer version of the Equalizer called the Outlaw. It's slightly better than the original, and it can connect to other guns.

The Equalizer/Outlaw is a great blaster, but if you're willing to pay $20, I would recommend the Gorgon or Explorer.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

pie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by pie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:10 pm

martianshark wrote:
atvan wrote:Thia thread is almost 3 months old. Do not revive threads that are not stikied or otherwise marked for revival
Are you a moderator or something?

The Vindicator is no longer being made. There are some Equalizers around, as well as a newer version of the Equalizer called the Outlaw. It's slightly better than the original, and it can connect to other guns.

The Equalizer/Outlaw is a great blaster, but if you're willing to pay $20, I would recommend the Gorgon or Explorer.
gorgon sucks and why r vindicators not made?

User avatar
TheColton
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by TheColton » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 pm

pie: Buzz Bee (owner of Water Warriors) got legally attacked by Super Soaker, because they violated Super Soaker's patent on CPS. The Vindicator used CPS so it was forced to be discontinued.

The Gorgon don't suck and were probably one of the best water guns this year.

You also posted your desire in the wrong section of the forums and in a seemingly random topic.

User avatar
martianshark
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Mars, CA

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by martianshark » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:29 pm

pie wrote:
martianshark wrote:
atvan wrote:Thia thread is almost 3 months old. Do not revive threads that are not stikied or otherwise marked for revival
Are you a moderator or something?

The Vindicator is no longer being made. There are some Equalizers around, as well as a newer version of the Equalizer called the Outlaw. It's slightly better than the original, and it can connect to other guns.

The Equalizer/Outlaw is a great blaster, but if you're willing to pay $20, I would recommend the Gorgon or Explorer.
gorgon sucks and why r vindicators not made?
why r gorgon suk?? its awsome!!1!

The Vindicator is no longer being made because it used technology patented by Hasbro, and they sued Buzz Bee. Hopefully the pantent will expire in a few years, and they'll start making them again.

Also, this topic should probably be split.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

User avatar
atvan
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: A place you've never heard of

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:27 am

Hasbro actually only had a patent on cylindrical CPS, but BBT did not stand a chance against their lawyers.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

User avatar
SEAL
Posts: 2514
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs
Contact:

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:33 pm

martianshark wrote:Also, this topic should probably be split.
Done.

What makes you think the Gorgon sucks? I'd say it's about the same as the Vindicator, but without CPS benefits (Can't be sure since I haven't used either.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We'll be back...

User avatar
atvan
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm
Location: A place you've never heard of

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:29 pm

He probably made the easy mistake(we all have) that nothing that is air pressure can be decent. Funny Hasbro started this, and they don't even make AP guns anymore.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:03 pm

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by mr. dude » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, the Gorgon is really good. I actually think it's more powerful than the old Hydropower soakers I've used (Blazer, Scorpion, Lightning, Orca).
As a general rule of thumb for air-pressure, if it's a pressurized reservoir then it's likely not great (there are exceptions, but I don't feel like going through that). If it has a seperate pressure chamber, meh. If it has two or more pressure chambers, GET IT!! Some of the best water guns ever fall under this category, XP 105/110/150/310, SS/XP 300, Max-D 6000, I can go on.
To conclude, the Gorgon is a very good blaster.

HBWW
Posts: 4103
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:31 pm

If you don't like decently designed air pressure blasters, it's because you're not using them correctly. They need pre-pressurization and they'll perform just fine, and they're far better than junky piston pumpers.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

User avatar
Nitro123PG
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 am

I pre-pump my WW Renegade about 30 times before using it, and it's useful shot time doubles, range increases by several feet, and stream velocity goes up a bit. I'm sure a skilled Gorgon user could take on a CPS user in the right scenario.

mr. dude
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:03 pm

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by mr. dude » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 am

Nitro123PG wrote:I pre-pump my WW Renegade about 30 times before using it, and it's useful shot time doubles, range increases by several feet, and stream velocity goes up a bit. I'm sure a skilled Gorgon user could take on a CPS user in the right scenario.
That's too situational, a skilled Gorgon user can take on a CPS user in any scenario. I might be overrating it and making people think it's the CPS 1500's long lost cousin, but this thing is good.

wetmonkey442
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:36 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 am

There is a general trend towards holding CPS line blasters in high regard, often times higher than they deserve. I would say that there have been plenty of blasters offered in the past couple of years that are equal to or better than the CPS 1000/1200/1500/2100 models, all made by Buzz Bee of course...
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
Posts: 4103
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 am

Actually, that hasn't been a trend, but simply the way it's been the whole time. K-mods probably play a large role too, as well as ergonomics. The smaller end of the CPS line has always had superior handling and overall design to modern WW's.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

wetmonkey442
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:36 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Looking for a Vindicator

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:20 am

I would also argue that a "trend" does exist: People value CPS blasters much more nowadays than they did 13 years ago.

Just because the monetary value of an item increases over time does not indicate that its practical value increases as well. People value CPS-line blasters now, not because they are exceptionally good but because they are exceptionally rare. I would personally take a Tiger Shark or a Vanquisher over a 13 year old CPS 1000 any day.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests