2002 re-issues available now in my area

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
XCALIBR8

2002 re-issues available now in my area

Post by XCALIBR8 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 am

In the past couple of weeks I've come up on a few re-issues that I couldn't pass up. I got a Super Soaker Splashfire for only $6.99 on sale at a Fred Meyer In the Portland OR area. I also came across a pack of two Max-D 3000's that were a bit more at a target. They were trying to sell the pair for $17.99. Luckily I found a set of them a week later at a Goodwill, in box, for only $5.99.

Target in my area donates most toy returns to Goodwill, so I usually get cheap blasters throughout the Spring/Summer seasons. Thrift stores are great this time of year as people are usually cleaning out old toys/water guns. I got a Thunderstorm for $7 that was obviously a Target return a couple weeks ago. This one needed a small fix. The hose that ran through the motor just needed to be re-attached. Is there any other re-issues out there that anyone is noticing?

Here's a pic of the goods :soakon:
"On those occasions, when you need to make a big splash, there's the Super Soaker 100!"
current arsenal:
1. Water Warriors Gorgon
2. Super Soaker XP 65
3. SS Max D 3000 (x2)
4. Water Warriors Titan (x2)
5. Super Soaker Splashfire

martianshark

Re: 2002 re-issues available now in my area

Post by martianshark » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 pm

That explains why I find so many almost NIB blasters at Goodwill.

I've seen these blasters around since last year. They even sell MD 6000s at some stores.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 pm

It's very interesting to think that the molds for many of these blasters still remain today, albeit in cold storage somewhere. Theoretically, Hasbro could re-release any gun if they wanted to, but are generally limited by what sells and what stores are willing to stock. I'm still hoping and dreaming for a Hasbro.com online store that sells older XP or CPS models too large or expensive to practically sell to stores.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Is the Splashfire really worth that much? It seems to be a somewhat useless blaster (unless your game works with weak blasters), and the MD3k and 2k are cheaper.

I still don't buy the "shelf space" BS. (Well to an extent anyways.) The CPS 1000, 1200, and 2100 were all smaller than many current blasters, both Nerf and SS/WW, and there's really no reason at all not to re-release them if they're unwilling or unable to design anything better. They were simple blasters too; I doubt that they were that expensive to manufacture and were certainly much cheaper to make than, say, the Oozinator, HydroBlitz, Orca, and other recent stuff. Obviously, the higher CPS end and Monsters may have been affected by shelf space and cost, as evident in the Monsters' reduced reservoir sizes, but that's much farther up the line than even the Monster 2002/CPS 4100 or 1500, which were both excellent blasters.

Anyway, at $5-$8, I expect a good sidearm, not something with little use like the Thunderstorm or Splash Fire.

Apparently, there's several Goodwill areas in Michigan, though they're fairly far away from where I live. Either way, I should find the time someday to see what they have.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Just got a Splashfire for 50 cents. Ha ha...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Where are they selling Splashfires for 50 cents?

(I'm guessing you found it at Goodwill)
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Keep an eye out for clearance sales from "standard" retail stores too; Target, Meijer, Wal-mart, etc. The only reason I have an Oozinator is because it was on clearance for $6 at Target back in '06. The day before, it was $12 so you could tell they were pretty desperate to sell them. The shelves were PACKED with Shield Blasters and a TON of Oozinators and Ooze canisters that day.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

XCALIBR8

Post by XCALIBR8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 am

My buys weren't that great of deals, just nicer to pay a little less than retail on these (especially the Thunderstorm). Years ago I was really into my CPS 2500, and some of my friends had CPS guns so it was well balanced. Now we're a bunch of older guys that just don't feel like getting drenched. All of my friends and I don't have huge blasters and just enjoy a more tactical run with smaller blasters. The Splashfire is nothing more than a novelty really. I have fun with it but none of my current guns would work good in a full scale water war. Against my XP 65 and Titan it's reasonably effective. :cps2000: :soaked: That's how most of my buddies felt a few years ago when I brought the CPS 2500 along for a quick war :)
Last edited by XCALIBR8 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"On those occasions, when you need to make a big splash, there's the Super Soaker 100!"
current arsenal:
1. Water Warriors Gorgon
2. Super Soaker XP 65
3. SS Max D 3000 (x2)

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:03 am

@XCALIBR8: I've got to say, I'm loving your mentality. At the end of the day, what really makes a war enjoyable is not the equipment you use but how you use it and who you play with.

Case in point: The other day I dusted off some of my older blasters to make sure they were still working. Along with a few friends, we filled everything up with water to check for leaks. I worked through a few blasters before I got to my XP 240. With a tiny reservoir, pump, and nozzle I was able to outlast and outsoak my buddies. That little gun shot forever!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm

XCALIBR8

Post by XCALIBR8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm

@Nitro123PG - Nice video. I'm glad mine's not the only Splashfire that sounds like a wounded Tauntaun when being used.
current arsenal:
1. Water Warriors Gorgon
2. Super Soaker XP 65
3. SS Max D 3000 (x2)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:00 pm

XCALIBR8 wrote:@Nitro123PG - Nice video. I'm glad mine's not the only Splashfire that sounds like a wounded Tauntaun when being used.
Awesome analogy! LOL

As for resurrecting the Splashfire to 2011 colors, I suppose that isn't too surprising. Bring back anything more potent would really be of too great a contrast to their latest offerings.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Hasbro seems to have made Soaker Wars versions of many of their so-so guns- the MD3k and 6k, Splashfire, and more.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:52 pm

XCALIBR8 wrote:@Nitro123PG - Nice video. I'm glad mine's not the only Splashfire that sounds like a wounded Tauntaun when being used.
Well, at least mine's not the only one. I triend lubricating the pump area to no avail. :goofy:
iSoaker, does your Splashfire make that noise when being used?

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:14 pm

i bet a good re-release idea would be taking a flash flood, cutting out the area on the shell where the square "flash flood" sticker is, put a rail on the flood lever, an whamo! you got yourself a decent seller for everyone!

on the other note, i've seen said re-release blasters floating around, but i didn't bother taking much notice to them other than thier existance.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]