Latest happenings

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Latest happenings

Post by HBWW » Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm

This thread will be for posting eBay auctions, store discoveries/deals, etc. to help others find deals and what not. It's also good for the spring season when stores are just beginning to stock up, or as summer comes to a close with clearance sales, so people have an idea of how fast the season is moving in and out.

I'll start off with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Soaker-9-gun- ... 502wt_1139

Bidders are sure to be scrambling over this deal, but even then I suspect that the whole lot will go for a good price overall.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakernerd

Re: Latest happenings

Post by soakernerd » Tue May 24, 2011 8:59 am

I have to say, I think this thread is a bad idea.
If I am bidding on a really good deal, I don't want people to know about it and drive the price up.
This sort of thread is banned in the NIC, and I think that that is good thing.
Please note, it is only the posting of Ebay auctions that I object to; stores and such are great to know about.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

It looks like the lot is worth about $170. I kind of agree with soakernerd, but it should be okay if it's a Buy it Now.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 pm

iSoaker kept this forum invisible to guests, so it's not a big deal, and it's good for those who want to share auctions but cannot bid on them themselves. (I know I probably cannot afford that lot up there, so I posted it.) The water warring community is small enough anyways, and this sort of thread is on SSC as well ("Soaker Awareness System", which you posted but did not request the absence of posting eBay auctions.), and not everyone checks up eBay regularly. (Not all good deals are easily searched either.) If you have a deal and are bidding on it, simply don't post it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue May 24, 2011 9:34 pm

CA99 wrote:iSoaker kept this forum invisible to guests, so it's not a big deal, and it's good for those who want to share auctions but cannot bid on them themselves.
Sidenote: this forum is actually publicly viewable now.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Not sure if that's a good idea particularly if someone accidently reveals sensitive information in a thread, though if that happens, restricting the forum viewing to registered users won't really stop any problems associated with that from happening.

Doesn't matter anyways, the water warring community has always posted links to eBay auctions and it hasn't been a problem from what I've seen, even if that's mostly be due to the fact that the community is small.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

CA99 wrote:Not sure if that's a good idea particularly if someone accidently reveals sensitive information in a thread, though if that happens, restricting the forum viewing to registered users won't really stop any problems associated with that from happening.

Doesn't matter anyways, the water warring community has always posted links to eBay auctions and it hasn't been a problem from what I've seen, even if that's mostly be due to the fact that the community is small.
This forum was made public back in Dec, 2010. I've made that thread a sticky (not sure why it wasn't a sticky already). So far so good at no one posting personal information on here and will just monitor in the event someone makes that mistake. The idea is for threads to set up possible sales, but for the final details to be worked out via PM and/or email exchanges.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:15 pm

I'm supposed to be studying for calculus, so I'm on eBay!!!
Anyway, here's an XP105 for $22US, with shipping it becomes $40CAD so I don't want to go for it, but yeah:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Soaker-Xtr ... 27bea80538

XP270 for $20US
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Soaker-XP- ... 2a168dbcf4

310 for $25
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Soaker-XP- ... 27c0eb445f

Some decent deals right now.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:40 am

Those are deals? I wouldn't pay more than $10 for any of them. For $10 you can practically get a CPS 1000 right now.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:17 am

It's easy to lose a sense of judgement when all you see is "CPS BACKFIRE $150 ONLY!!!!"
I would pay $20 for those (the 105 mainly), it's the shipping that upsets me.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:57 pm

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1993-Larami-Supe ... 20c22540ef
$20+shipping for an XP250, I'm tempted to bid, but have no idea what I'd do with it other than be like "don't touch that, it's fragile!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 pm

mr. dude wrote:It's easy to lose a sense of judgement when all you see is "CPS BACKFIRE $150 ONLY!!!!"
What is it about the 105 that you like so much? I am very opinionated about that gun, so I'm curious as to what you think...

mr. dude wrote:http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1993-Larami-Supe ... 20c22540ef
$20+shipping for an XP250, I'm tempted to bid, but have no idea what I'd do with it other than be like "don't touch that, it's fragile!"
250 is a pretty good gun. I really want someone to come up with a mod for making triggers for lever action guns. I may work on that...eventually...
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I am looking at an open SS 50 and can say that the trigger mech would need to be very compact. If you take out 2 of the center screw posts, you have about a 1" high and 3" long area to work with. Alternatively, a trigger mech could be placed near the end of the barrel, with a connecting rod back to the trigger. That might be the best option - still has the cramped space reqs, but there would be no dead space since the full length of the tubing would be pressurized.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:27 pm

marauder_4 wrote:
mr. dude wrote:It's easy to lose a sense of judgement when all you see is "CPS BACKFIRE $150 ONLY!!!!"
What is it about the 105 that you like so much? I am very opinionated about that gun, so I'm curious as to what you think...
Well, my favourite gun is the XP 110, as far as I know the 105 is basically the same but with a riot blast and a less convenient reservoir.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 pm

What's wrong with the lever guns anyway? The XXP 275 is kinda fun. The SS 200 might even be better with a lever trigger, because the stock trigger is so strong that it gets annoying to pull after a while.

I think I've figured out the pinch valve to pull or ball valve conversion I posted earlier. Now I just need parts that are the right size (ie tiny).

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 pm

DX wrote:I think I've figured out the pinch valve to pull or ball valve conversion I posted earlier. Now I just need parts that are the right size (ie tiny).
I remember trying that on my SS 100, but that was in my noob days and I ended up destroying it...
It should work well though, you know what you're doing.

the oncoming storm

Good deals on ebay

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:11 pm

In order to prevent new threads from popping up every time we find a great deal and want to share it with the web I am making this topic.

Now to begin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Buzz-Bee-T ... 3f23ca2730

And

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Soaker-lo ... 33810a412f
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm

^ Since this sticky topic is already here, I merged your post with it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:05 pm

If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Nice finds. I'll also point out that there's a CPS 2000 MK II that's waiting for bids, but I don't want to link to it. It's easy to find though. I'll be watching it over the next few days, but it's likely to take a hike in price considering that one person put $55 + S&H for a 3200. Then again, it could end up being all eBay sniping at the last minute.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare