Is Toys R US out of their mind?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Is Toys R US out of their mind?

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:15 pm

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: Is Toys R US out of their mind?

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:56 pm

If they managed to sell those out at that price, they're not out of their mind; They're very good at making money! (and ripping their customers off) :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Of course they would re-release one of the worst air pressure blasters they ever made. I wouldn't get one if it was on sale for $7.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Keep in mind that's the Australian Toys 'R' Us website. Things tend to cost more down there since virtually everything is imported from a pretty far distance.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Compared to the rest of the 2011 line-up, this isn't that badly priced.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Hm, this is the Australian website, which I noticed because it lacks a search feature. Not sure how much that changes things though, but either way, the Arctic Shock is a horrible buy and is about as bad as the piston pumpers.

Edit: Someone just mentioned that above, hurp derp.

@Black Six: I posted in the community war thread. In short, I will be on a big road trip with friends to visiting amusement parks from where King's Dominion is up to NYC (just the rough general area we'll be going around). The trip will take place in mid/late August and is the ONLY time this summer where I'll be able to arrange war meet-ups with local teams. Whether I attend a single community gathering, or meet-up teams by themselves in several different arrangements along the trip doesn't really matter to me. I may even post another thread on it, particularly detailing where I will be so local groups know ahead of time. My friends/friend's friends (up to 6 or 7 others) will also come along; they're not water warfare enthusiasts (I'm the only one out of the group who even has water wars); they're just playing for fun and because it's part of the trip. We should be armed with 2 12k's, 2700, 4100, 10k, 2100 as primaries; maybe a 2500 and/or 2k if I can get my friend to let me borrow them. Sidearms, refill bottles, and unfilled water balloons will also be present. Not sure how much I can stuff into the vehicle however.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Black Six wrote:Keep in mind that's the Australian Toys 'R' Us website. Things tend to cost more down there since virtually everything is imported from a pretty far distance.

^This is true. Are you interested in joining us in this summer's war? Or maybe having a battle around DC? I am up there about twice a year.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:43 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Supersoaker-Arctic- ... 3cb6746cab This guy is even further out of his mind.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Last edited by Nitro123PG on Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 am

^ I'm starting to think that people make those listings so that despite having to pay all those costs to list so many crap listings, if anyone trips and buys it, they make more money in the end. Either those guys listing those items are smart and know what they are doing, or are colossally stupid beyond words. Not sure how many have tripped over such listings though, and it's to much of a gamble to make to seem even remotely reasonable to try.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare