I need help buying a gun

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: I need help buying a gun

Post by thelaminator » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:15 pm

i feel odd since i am the first to suggest, but have you tried finding a SuperCharger 500? they can be filled&pumped the traditional way, or (if you find one), use a QFD to charge the pressure chamber AND the tank in one sitting! i also heard some models have pretty impresive strength behind thier stream.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:06 pm

He said he would prefer not to have it hose-charged, which is why I didn't suggest a Super Charger.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 pm

i know he said "perfer", yet he also stated he is alright with it if he absoultely needs to (in a nutshell)
Last edited by thelaminator on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm

If you are playing Assassins, is there any reason at all why you can't simply get a blaster with a decently sized pressure chamber, and keep it pumped up before using it? A Super Charger will also have to hold pressure for a long time, the only benefit is that you have a slightly larger pressure chamber (if using a backpack based SC), and don't have to pump between shots. (At the expense of being unable to charge the blaster w/o any external sources of pressured water.) Also, piston pumpers, including squirt guns, always have an inferior size-to-power ratio compared to pressurized blasters. There are almost no exceptions to this rule.

The Assassin's checklist:

Stealth Water Weapons:

- Squirt gun: Tiny, easily concealed, and doesn't have to hold pressure. Obviously, it only squirts a few droplets at a time so it will be difficult to get kills with, even if they are stealth kills.

- Water bottle: Very few would have the wits to suspect this as a weapon. Uncap it and splash it at someone for an attack with less range than a squirt gun, but far more soak. Or poke a hole in the cap and you have a makeshift squirt gun that's quite a bit less suspicious. Obviously, water bottles are also good for refilling blasters.

- Tiny PR: The XP215 or Hydro Fury are tiny air pressurized reservoir blasters with more power than squirt guns. They're not that powerful, but are a good compromise when you need the ultimate in water blasting in a small package.

- Small PR: Max-D 2000, 3000, Barracuda, Hornet, etc.: These are slightly larger than the tiny PR's but are far more powerful. The Max-D 3000 is nearly as powerful as many blasters that are larger than it, though it does run out of water easily in an actual fight.
Edit: Oops

- Medium-small blasters: Far less concealable than anything mentioned above, and includes the SC400, Flash Flood, XP 270, and other blasters. They are still very light, and can be concealed easily in a backpack or even a coat if the coat is large enough and the blaster small enough. Many of the medium-small's are far more powerful than the small PR's and they carry the capacity for longer fights.

Non-stealth water weaponry:

- Any CPS, homemade, etc.: Great for home defense. Keep a CPS 2500 by the front door (if people are allowed to attack you by shooting into the house), and blast your opponent. Even if the rules prohibit people from shooting into your house, your enemy may try to lure you outside. If you have two people, have one person answer the door and stall the target (the answerer could tell the target that he's waiting for you to come downstairs while you're actually on the move), and the other run outside to the backyard and around the house to attack from the rear. In any situation where stealth is not an issue, you'll want to be armed to the teeth so you can be ready for anything that the enemy throws at you.

That said, I've never played Assassins and am just throwing ideas around. You need to think creatively and use what you have effectively (i.e. if you don't have time to pump, then keep the blaster pressurized). Some of the suggestions exploit the idea that most players in an Assassins game will not be well versed with water blasters and water warfare, which still play a role in even Assassins games. I know Cantab has played Assassins and could offer better tips.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

thelaminator

Post by thelaminator » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 pm

CA99 wrote: - Small PR: Max-D 2000, 3000, Barracuda, Hornet, etc.: These are a lot more powerful than the tiny PR's but are far more powerful. The Max-D 3000 is nearly as powerful as many blasters that are larger than it, though it does run out of water easily in an actual fight.
ok......

anywho, i still support my SC 500 idea. :goofy:
for the ultimate in stealth, i suggest those in the above quote box :ninja:

2x output (roughly), clever size/strength ratio, and usually sold in two packs, the max-d 3000 is your best bet. just beware of the finger-squashing grip.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Thank's for catching that lol.

The SC 500 is difficult to find and most of the time there will not be a hose around to charge it up, so I never found it to be a great idea.

The 3000 is ok if you're not dual wielding. (Which is tempting not to do when it comes in twin packs.) It's a horrible design (the grip), but not as bad as it is when trying to carry it with one hand.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:12 pm

The SC 500 can be pumped up too.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah, but if you're going to have to pump it up, you might as well get a blaster that's easier to find, and perhaps one that's better at that. =p
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I've created a new thread for pie's post, but the original thread won't appear in the forum page unless I post in it. So please ignore this post. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.