I bought a GLOW IN THE DARK XP 105!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

I bought a GLOW IN THE DARK XP 105!

Post by marauder » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm

I just bought a new in the box glow in the dark XP 105 for $11.50. What a steal! I know there's a "latest blaster" thread, but I figured that this deserved its own thread since it's so rare. The glow in the dark version was sold in 1998 but the patent is still for 1995 (the original was sold in 1996). The back of the box advertises the 1998 XPs but more importantly it shows another Glow in the Dark Super Soaker, one that I've never seen online or anywhere for that matter. It looks kind of like a glow in the dark SS 50 but the reservoir twists on like the XP 105/150/etc.
One difference I immediately noticed between the glow in the dark 105 and the regular version is that the nozzle does not screw off so there is no riot blast option. I bought this gun so that I would have a nozzle for my regular 105. It looks like that won't be happening. It looks really awesome in a dark room, but I obviously wouldn't recommend it for a serious night battle. After my Spanish test and presentation tomorrow I will start working on a review. I expect the statistics to be the same as the regular XP 105 but I'm not 100% on it as the orange nozzle piece is not only glued to the rest of the gun but looks to be a different size than the one on Isoaker's review.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: I bought a GLOW IN THE DARK XP 105!

Post by steelboot. » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Whoa! Nice find! I've heard some other stories about people finding old soakers in the back rooms of stores, but it was just there? On the shelf? Where did you get it?
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:48 pm

That's schweet! One of those rarer Super Soakers that Larami/Hasbro made back-in-the-day! Nice score! Pics and more info on your new blaster would be great when you've got time!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 am

There's been a few of them on eBay. I guess they're all gone now. Can't wait to see the review. Later, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Shadowstrike Prime

Post by Shadowstrike Prime » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:19 pm

I remember seeing commercials for glow in the dark 105's back in the day, or I might just be misremembering something else. I bet they look really sweet under a black light or LED string.
"...Yes."

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Review uploaded. Internal picture to come. Range and output have not yet been measured since I don't have anything to measure them with at school. The other stuff I measured last time I was home. I'll get to that when I can.
Right click "view image" to view a larger photo. Oh, and does anyone know how to photograph glow in the dark plastic? I can't figure how to pick it up on my camera.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Updates for HydroWar...that's way cool. :cool:

Hate to be Captain Obvious, but have you tried a plain old picture, in the dark, with no flash?

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:00 pm

I was home today for father's day and my sister helped me test out the 105 and my SS 100 m2. The XP 105 only shot 31 ft or just over 9m. Isoaker says the range on the regular 105 is 9m or 29.53 feet which is close enough for me to assume that there is no real difference in range between the two models. Half a foot is small enough to be caused by use on Isoaker's gun (mine was NIB), slight wind, me being tall, or any combination of those factors.
I was highly impressed with the 100's range. According to my old review archived by SSC http://hydrowar.sscentral.org/ss100mk2.html I had previously recorded a max range of 35 feet or 10.67m. This new second model 100 shot 38 feet or 11.58m. This seemed a bit much for a classic series gun, even if it was "New and Improved" but I kept getting the same range after several tests. I would trust this reading over my old one, which was done at least 5 years ago. I'm not sure how accurately I was testing my guns back then. Isoaker puts the range at 11m or just over 36 ft.