Need water gun asap!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
xfrancox

Need water gun asap!

Post by xfrancox » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 am

Hi, I'm going to be participating in a water gun game in a couple days but have found out that it is apparently near impossible to find a water gun in stores this time of year. I am in the NYC area and am in desperate need. Is anyone in this area willing to sell me something? Does anyone know where I can go that will still have them in stock? I don't want a cheap .25 cent gun but I'm not looking to spend a fortune either. Compact is good as well.

I've also toyed with the idea of building something that would resemble a tube that could run down my sleeve with something at the other send to shoot it. Any ideas?

I am desperate for this help and would be forever grateful.

isoaker

Re: Need water gun asap!

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Welcome to the board!

I'm a little shocked that that NYC-area would be out of water guns. Places like Target, Toys'R'Us and such don't have any left on shelves? Amazon.com has blasters available depending on whether you can wait a couple of days for shipping. Of course, there's also ebay.com that has a number of water blasters up for auction.

As for building something you describe, that could be done fairly easily if you have access to a decent hardware store. However, if it is threaded down a sleeve, that means you'd likely need to use your other hand to fire it and that may be somewhat awkward. Based on your desire for stealth, I can only presume you're involved in some sort of Assassins tournament. I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I get.

Not sure, though, how many people on here are currently selling parts of the armoury.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Sun

Post by Sun » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 pm

Well, here in IL, we get a lot of water guns because:
1. Nobody plays with water guns.

2.It's September.

3.We get a lot of heavy rain.

You could try looking at old stock, but you probably wouldn't find a stealthy gun.

xfrancox

Post by xfrancox » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Well I ordered one today off Amazon. Basically the equivalent of a Water Warriors Hornet. It'll get here sometime next week so until then I'll be trying to find some small gun. Also have friends trying to help out. I have called or gone to every place I can think of, Toys R Us, KB Toys, FAO, Target, WalMart, KMart, random toy stores, CraigsList. No luck anywhere.

I am doing an Assassination tourney. :|