Need a reccomendation

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
keegan7390

Need a reccomendation

Post by keegan7390 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:00 pm

So, a group of my buddies are all having a large manhunt game this summer, and i was wondering, what would be a good water gun to eliminate my competition :cps2000: and where to get it. I will need one that can shoot far and quickly in a pinch. Thanks!

SSCBen

Re: Need a reccomendation

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Any of the best from Super Soaker or Water Warriors in stores today would be fine. That would be the Water Warriors Orca and Tiger Shark from Buzz Bee Toys and the Super Soaker Hydroblitz, Arctic Blast, or Flash Flood from Hasbro.

If you want to go all the way and get the best you can, something homemade would work: http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:20 am

Welcome to the board!

Stock soaker-wise, I'd recommend blasters like the Water Warriors Orca,
Water Warriors Tiger Shark, or the Super Soaker Flash Flood

If you have access to some older water blasters, things like the Super Soaker CPS 1000 or the Super Soaker CPS 1200 would be great, too.

There are some other good piston-based soakers out there as well, but not as hard hitting as the water blasters noted above.

If you let us know what you can find locally and/or what your interests are, we might be able to narrow down the selection. BTW, what are the rules you guys are using for your Manhunt game?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:27 pm

If by manhunt, you mean one hit kill type games, you'll definately want to use a decently ranged CPS. (modern soakers seriously lack the range for those battles, and if someone else has a high range CPS, you'll be at a serious disadvantage, and if that's the case, you'll have to come up with different tactics to negate that) I can't recommend homemades unless you can somehow create an easy to handle CPH with a well working trigger on your first try. On the other hand, the modern selection has some medium-high range sidearms worth looking at.

If it's a soakfest, modern soakers will work ok as well. (though CPS is always better) The soakers Ben mentioned will all work fairly well (except I'd have to question the suggestion of the HydroBlitz; its oversized and expensive), but if you also want to look into light to carry and lightly powered, thin stream air pressure soakers, I'd recommend the Max-D series, the Liquidator, and most XP's. (Avoid stuff like the Overload, Secret Strike, and definately avoid the Arctic Shock, which is an inferior predecessor to the Actic Blast)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat