Received my SS 200 Today - Just can't use it yet!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed May 25, 2005 4:28 am

Well, just this morning, my SS 200 that I won off eBay for £8.51 (including postage) came. Man, its bigger then I thought it would be. I just can't test it out yet as I am off school with a cold, a bad throat and a bad cough at the moment. :( It looks good even though its a classic series model and when I test it (tomorrow at the very earliest) I will write a review. :cool:

:ss50:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 25, 2005 6:01 am

Hehe.. I remember when I first got hold of an SS200 (also from an eBay purchase). Yup! Bigger than I imagined! Being a classic, it's definitely not built as ruggedly (body-wise) as the newer soakers, but its simple tubing network and design means with some care, it'll stand the test of time. Have fun testing 'er out and give us a review on it when you get a chance!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed May 25, 2005 6:12 am

Hehe. We think the same. :D My mum let me just test it out to see if it works. I have tested it and I'm quite impressed. It takes a lot of pumps but its power and shot time is worth it as well as a decent stream size. It leaks a bit but I'd expect that since it is an old soaker. It does actually feel quite strong and with me should last a long time. Will post a review when I get the time.

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Thu May 26, 2005 1:07 am

Man, I remember getting my first one for some birthday thirteen or fourteen years ago. I had trouble putting it together, because you had to snap these clamps around where the tanks would be held.

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:30 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Hehe.. I remember when I first got hold of an SS200 (also from an eBay purchase). Yup! Bigger than I imagined! Being a classic, it's definitely not built as ruggedly (body-wise) as the newer soakers, but its simple tubing network and design means with some care, it'll stand the test of time. Have fun testing 'er out and give us a review on it when you get a chance!

I got my SS 200 a few weeks ago from ebay. It is somewhat small for me now, compared to when I first saw it 1994 in a small Toy Store window. Back then I saw it as a giant cannon.
Anyways, I won't test mine since its still New In Box. And thats where it stays.

On a sidenote, I like the Larimie packaging of the early 1990s much better than the late 90s - contemporary.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.