SC Big Trouble - MINE!

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:44 pm

Well, yesterday, I was browsing around for soakers on eBay. Then I saw the SC Big Trouble. I said to myself "0 bids, half a day left, this is mine" I don't like using eBay. So then I said, oh well, maybe next year. Then I looked closer and closer and closer, then I saw THE ITEM WAS IN RICHMOND, BC, CANADA!!! THAT IS THE EXACT CITY WHERE I LIVE!!! So then I waited a few hours, still, no bids yet. And this morning, I woke up, looked at the item, still no bids, with half an hour to go. Then I waited, until the bid ended. There were no bids, time ran out, I jumped to my feet and yelled "YAHOO!!!" Then he sent me an e-mail saying congrats, meet at the mall at this time tomorrow, and I'll be sitting in the food court, with the box. On eBay, he said it was NIB, manufactory (sp) sealed. And tomorrow I will be getting the SC Big Trouble for... $25 BUCKS!!! Just wondering, is that a good deal? Anyways, I am really happy, and this is going to be my first old soaker! Soak On! :cool:
Soak On!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:29 pm

When I used to have a SC Big Trouble I used to pretty much think of it as the SC Power Pak's little brother. The nozzle settings are pretty much the same apart from the fact that the Saturator nozzle is a smaller Power Burst nozzle.

Definately has good power, range and soakage, due to the small size of the gun its pretty comfortable and good to hold, it also gives kickback on the 8.5x nozzle from my experience of using. Not as much mention of it on the net as other older CPS's, however that doesn't mean to say its bad, which it isn't. The backpack straps aren't the best and like the Power Pak its QFD only, and holds less, but, despite these problems its still a good gun. The 1.5x nozzle is a complete pain to fight against and is actually pretty effective due to the massive amount of time it shoots for.

You'll most likely enjoy it. $25 for it is pretty good considering the newer soakers which cost around the same or more are nowhere near as good quality and can get whooped by the SC Big Trouble's performance.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Thank-you for all the information, Aqua_Flash! And on the isoaker review, it says the power burst nozzle goes up to 70 seconds! Is that true? Because if it is, that's going to be my favourite nozzle.
Soak On!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Even though I don't have it anymore, since its a rather small nozzle I believed it did shoot for around that time when I had one. It shoots longer than any of the other nozzles, however since each stream is smaller, with the whole nozzle having the lowest output, it doesn't give as much of an impact, although again it is, like the 1.5x setting, pretty pesky because of the shot time.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Yea... Thanks again! And I heard somewhere before, that each hole in the power urst was .5x. So that means, .5 x 4 = 2! Am I correct? Just making sure.
Soak On!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:59 pm

I think it is a little smaller on each. With the gun holding around 70oz overall, 70 divided by 2 would equal 35 seconds of shot time. I would say that like how the iSoaker review says the stats it is around 1x total output with each being around 0.25x each which makes it shoot for around 70 seconds, all making sense. The reason why I think the streams actually look bigger from using it is the force they are pushed out at that make them look a little bigger.

Edited By Aqua_Flash on 1185915634

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:08 pm

Oh, I get it! It equals 1x nozzle, shoots for 70 seconds, 70 oz. Oh, ok. I get it! Yay!
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:36 pm

The Big Trouble is a great gun. I have no idea why, but they are often for sale NIB on ebay. I use mine with my 2000/2500. I put the backpack on, and the gun part in my pocket, where it fits wonderfully. It is a great backup weapon, and sometimes it can be used in conjunction with the 2000/2500, with the Big Trouble in the left hand, other in the right hand. Congratulations on your purchase, you will definitely find the power greatly superior to that of any other gun that you would have been able to purchase stock, over the past few years. Good luck!

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks Alex! Go on Yahoo!
Soak On!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:51 pm

Very odd, the Big Trouble's capacity is only 100 mL more than the SplashZooka's (and I think the SZ has more kick and power to it as well), but I suppose putting the weight on the back would help. Still, that's some nice shot time there... (even though it's only because of the very low output)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1185922361
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:55 pm

And it has multiple nozzles.
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 pm

@C-A_99: This is just my opinion, but I think that the Big Trouble has much more kick, range, power, and output than the SZ. I own both, but have had little use for the SZ, that's why i'm selling mine. It's already sold, i mean. The Big Trouble is much better and more practical as a backup weapon as well.

Good Job, Hydroblitz, and that was extremely lucky of you.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:04 pm

Thanks, Alex!
Soak On!

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:40 pm

cobralex297 wrote:This is just my opinion, but I think that the Big Trouble has much more kick, range, power, and output than the SZ. I own both, but have had little use for the SZ, that's why i'm selling mine. It's already sold, i mean. The Big Trouble is much better and more practical as a backup weapon as well.

Thecnically, the SZ and the SC BigTrouble are both designed to be filled from standard hoses, resulting in similar power. If you're getting better range/performance with the Big trouble, then it's probably because of the nozzle selector. Switching the output from 1.5x to 8.5x is unfortunately not possible on the SZ :laugh: (would have been a major improvement, though). I personally like very much the spalshzooka for it's comfort and mobility, and dual wielding zookas is a great combo (I DO have 2 SZs :cool: ).

Hydroblitz, congratz on your new super soaker, by the way.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:46 am

Thanks a lot, Jeremy!
Soak On!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Nice, I never used a Big Trouble before, but I got a NIB Power Pak last year, and it was great. hope you like yours! I always wanted an SZ, just never saw one.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks, Crashdummy! I'm going to be leaving in about an hour to go to the mall to get my SC Big Trouble!
Soak On!

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Sorry for the dp, but I was guessing no one would see my edit. Anyways, I go to the mall, I see him there, and he has the box, and he's waiting. I go up to him, tell him who I am, and stuff like that. And he is a really nice guy. He described everything very clearly, (even if I already knew) and I gave him the $25 CAN and he gave me the SC Big Trouble. When I got home, I rushed to the backyard, twisted the QFD on, put the hose to full blast (so it would fill it up faster) stuck the nozzle into the QFD waited, then it was full. I was so excited, I didn't know which nozzle to try first. I tried the 8.5x nozzle, and boy does it have kickback. Then I tried the 1.5x nozzle. Then I tried the fan, and then I used the power burst. It was so fun and I love my new SC Big Trouble.
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:22 pm

It does sound a little creepy, that you met some guy at a mall and a table and stuff. I mean, it's awesome and stuff, but if you do think about it, it feels a little shifty. Lol.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:34 pm

I did think it was a little creepy at first, but he was a really nice guy. GO ON YAHOO DAMMIT!
Soak On!