SC 500! - How much luckier could you get?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:45 am

I'll tell you straight away what happened. A while ago, maybe three or four months ago, my dad had a garage sale. One of the things he was selling was a Type One QFD. When I saw it, I said "Don't throw this away! It's a Type One QFD!"

So I put it in the house near my bed. Then I helped with the garage sale for about three hours more. And I forgot about the QFD.

So THIS weekend I took a rare look underneath my bed and I found the QFD. I took it out and istantly new that to get a QFD you would have needed a QFD compatable weapon. So I looked in all the places I rarely look in, but I never found the mstery weapon in those spots. So I sat on my bed and sulked until my dad came in looking for a thing for a remote control. He started to open up my cupboard and move things about, until he hit a box and something moved and came crashing down. It revealed a SC 500!

Man, how lucky can you get! Well, I guess you could find a CPS 2000, but an SC 500 isn't bad at all! I took outside the 500 and fired it. It fired like new (well, I don't really know because I havn't fired a new one), and it was great. No faults have been found yet. It charges in the QFD fine too.

Well, just thought I'd tell you guys. Also, Falcon, I hope you read this because I know you'll be as excited as I am! It bugs me that all this time I had a great weapon not even five metres away from me.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:33 am

Whoa, an SC 500! That'll be a pretty good addition to our team's armoury. If you have a tape measure, could you measure the range of yours? Also, make sure you don't forget to bring it back to your mum's place so we can use it in future wars.
:D

Edited By Falcon on 1091255711

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:42 am

The range of my SC 500 is an amzing 10.5 metres! I thought it would be a fair bit less, but it's great! It shoots for approximately 5 seconds. And I'll definately remember to bring it back with me.

Also, to anyone that owns an SC 500, does your stream suddenly veer in the middle of firing? Because mine once veered quickly to the right and back again while firing. It's not a problem, just I'd like to know.

Man, I love my 500 now.....

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:02 am

Stream veering sounds like the stream is making slightly more contact with the nozzle at times. As long as it doesn't occur too often, should be ok. I do know, though, that some have had problems with the nozzle after prolonged QFD-use. Since the soaker fills and shoots through the same opening (sorta), problems can arise if some of the springs in that area move or some piece of dirt gets lodged in that area.

Good find! :cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:33 pm

That happens with a lot of air-pressure guns, but usually with Classics more than anything else. Great find, you won't be disappointed with an SC 500!

CONGRATURATION!